Sway bar shopping

Hey all. Who are we liking for sway bars these days? I broke my rear sway bar a couple years ago so it’s just plain gone... need a new one there. The front is fine but I’m sick of getting out and pulling cotter pins every time I go wheeling. Be nice to just have something I can leave on that won’t restrict droop. Even down to just get longer links if that’s an easy way to go.

Thoughts?

Didn't know that worked for the rear. [emoji41]

Just go with another factory sway bar. It's not heavy enough to restrict droop. If it broke, your links may be too short.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Haha yeah at the time I was running a shorter lift and I got lazy about changing links when it went to a bigger lift and snap lol. I’m thinking a factory rear with longer links for sure. I’ll check into what Adam said about a factory rubicon for the front with the air actuator. Had no idea that was a thing.

Would running longer links on the factory front sway bar work? Or something similar to what Eddie is running on Moby? Obviously with the DTD system they are running their suspension cycles A LOT more actual travel.

BaddestCross

Would running longer links on the factory front sway bar work? Or something similar to what Eddie is running on Moby? Obviously with the DTD system they are running their suspension cycles A LOT more actual travel.
I definitely concur with Adam's recommendation for the front. I'm pretty sure that's how Eddie has Moby setup as well.

If you've never experienced hitting a button and having an unlocked sway bar, you have no idea what you're missing. 😂

You still need links that are the proper length... Even moreso with the Rubi bar since you have the potential of inverting them at full droop.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Seahawkfan

Hooked
No experience. Looks expensive and prone to failure.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes expensive $1300 but OEM $1400 and I believe proven to fail. At least the electronics. Correct me if I'm wrong! Seems like take-offs are becoming harder to find. Leads on used OEM would be welcomed.:yup:

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I’m confused as to what you are asking.

Eddie is running factory Rubicon away and with no limits manual disconnect on moby.

If you run longer links you still need to pull cotter pins to disconnect the front so it really does nothing.

A.J.

Yes expensive $1300 but OEM $1400 and I believe proven to fail. At least the electronics. Correct me if I'm wrong! Seems like take-offs are becoming harder to find. Leads on used OEM would be welcomed.:yup:

Leads on take offs are hard to find because everyone wants them. Including me! As far as the electronics go the EVO no limits takes care of that. You can go manual or air actuated. I have disconnects but I am always on the lookout for a factory rubi sway bar.

I’m confused as to what you are asking.

Eddie is running factory Rubicon away and with no limits manual disconnect on moby.

If you run longer links you still need to pull cotter pins to disconnect the front so it really does nothing.

Cool thanks for clearing that up. I wasn’t exactly sure how they had it set up. I for some reason thought they were running a system that didn’t require disconnecting. I like the idea of air disconnect so I’ll look into that. Our shop has a complete rubicon front sway bar I’ll swap in for mine. Who makes the air disconnects?

BaddestCross

Cool thanks for clearing that up. I wasn’t exactly sure how they had it set up. I for some reason thought they were running a system that didn’t require disconnecting. I like the idea of air disconnect so I’ll look into that. Our shop has a complete rubicon front sway bar I’ll swap in for mine. Who makes the air disconnects?
EVO No Limits. They make air-activated or manually activated.

--

Top Bottom