Drag link question

JKEmmy

Hey guys, I'm going to be replacing my drag link here in a day or so..... My wife and I leave for ejs Thursday so I'm not sure I'll have time to get an alignment. As long as I make sure the links are about the same length so the steering wheel isn't a whole turn off, and then fine tune the wheel straight do I really need an alignment? I didn't think the drag link affected toe or anything. Also any tips or tricks to make the job go smoothly and efficiently are appreciated!

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys, I'm going to be replacing my drag link here in a day or so..... My wife and I leave for ejs Thursday so I'm not sure I'll have time to get an alignment. As long as I make sure the links are about the same length so the steering wheel isn't a whole turn off, and then fine tune the wheel straight do I really need an alignment? I didn't think the drag link affected toe or anything. Also any tips or tricks to make the job go smoothly and efficiently are appreciated!

You will not need to take the vehicle in for an alignment. The only adjustment needed is re-centering the steering wheel. A pickle fork may be a handy tool to have as it helps separate the old one from the pitman arm and knuckle easier.

Here's a link on re-centering the steering wheel after you get the new drag link on: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...nt-End-Alignment?p=42376&viewfull=1#post42376

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I used one of these from the loan a tool at a local auto store. Worked liked a charm. Screenshot_20190410-101902_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

desertrunner

am i the only one that uses a mini sledge to remove drag links?
Depends on if I'm planning on using it after I remove it haha
I have removed a few and I have had the pickle fork tear the boot and I have used it successfully without damaging it same goes for a BFH one of my joints got destroyed and others were fine so good luck to the OP they both work

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

DMF

When I took my draglink off, for what ever reason it wouldn’t come off on the pitman side using a pickle fork. I was swinging for the fences with the hammer and it still won’t come off. I ended up using a jack and a cut op piece of 2x4 to put leverage on the handle. Anyways, enough of my personal problems.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom