Warranty issue with paint peeling on the door and hood hinges '07 Unlimited Rubicon

Ben Boomer

Hi guys... I have an issue with my '07 Unlimited Rubicon. I'm the 2nd owner, the Jeep has 16k mi on it (bought it in Dec of '11 w/ 13k mi) and all of my hinges on the doors and the hood have an issue where the paint is bubbling and peeling. I believe this is a defect form the paint process with Jeep. My Rubi is clean, no accidents, never repainted anywhere, the body is perfect except for the hinges on all four doors and the hood. I called Jeep corporate and was given a case # and was contacted by a rep for follow up. The rep left me a message saying it should be covered under warranty and that I would need to take some photos to show the issue. Great. I then got a second call from a second rep, must be a regional thing (I live in Hawaii) and this rep Susie was quick to dismiss my case. She did not look at any photos of the issue, nor would she listen to my local Jeep dealer. She simply said I have no case and as I am a second owner Jeep was not willing to help. Between myself and immediate family we have owned 10 Jeeps in the last 15 years (wj's, tj's, cj's, Liberty's and Cherokee's and a Comanche). Anyone here have a name of someone in corporate I can call or email and put this in front of for further review. Susie actually accused me of driving my Rubicon in the ocean. Thanks in advance, Ben Boomer

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Try sending a letter here:

Chrysler Group LLC
P.O. Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, MI 48321

Chrysler is good about taking physical letters more seriously and they might be able to help you out.

Good luck.

Ben Boomer

Is this Eddie?

Thanks for the quick reply with the address. I'll draft something up this afternoon (only 12pm here now) and keep you posted. Otherwise, glad to be a new member here on WAYALIFE! Go JK!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
yup, that would be me and, i wish you the best of luck with chrysler. just be polite and persistent.

Halas

Has anyone ever had response to issues like this?

I have an 09 jku x and a buddy has a 08 sahara bot of us have the same problem....

Top Bottom