Engine Codes and Temp Gauge not Working

conner

So, to start, I drive an 09 Jeep JKU, with about 150k miles. I’ve probably been through a good 3 radiators and have issues quite a bit with coolant, all of which I handle as they arise. I’ve had the gas cap light on for a while, and it finally popped up on my tuner as a small/large evap leak (P0456 and P0455 I believe). I am pretty certain this is the top of the gas tank (the seal) which I’ve seen is a pretty common issue.

Now on to the problem I experienced this morning. I got in the jeep and started driving, and I noticed the battery light was on and my temp gauge wasn’t moving. I immediately checked the codes on my TrailDash, and besides the evap leaks, it also had engine cylinder 2 misfire, multiple cylinder misfire, and temperature sensor overheat. Now keep in mind, my jeep was running at under 200 degrees the entire time, no issues. The minute i started it back up after I killed it, the temp gauge was working again. Anyone have a clue as to what this could be?

Hillbilly

I had a similar issue, mine would not register after start up drive a little pulled over kill the engine, start up again it would start to come up. I replaced my temp sensor with a brass tip one the oem was plastic no problem no more (141k) on mine

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom