Rubicon Elocker Actuator Magnet Replacement - Anyone know of a write up?

Ajkaz

My actuator magnet in my front locker is too weak to pull the ring over and lock up the front axle. I have the new actuator but can't find a write up describing the install.
I'm thinking
-Mark and remove the caps.
-Remove carrier noting shim placement and bearing race orientation.
I'll likely take the carrier to a drive-line shop to remove the bearing put on the actuator and press the bearing back on, I dont have a puller or press.
Does the bearing need replaced after being removed or can it be reused? Its not very old.
-Secure plunger & replace carrier and shims.
-Replace caps & torque cap bolts.

Am i missing anything? This is on a PR44 that had seals done during a re-gear 2 years ago, roughly 5k miles.

Exodus 4x4

You’ll need a new bearing, it’s cheap. You can cut it off with a cutting disc if you want but I’d find someone with a puller. Take the magnet with you so as soon as the pull it off you can have them press the new bearing on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jellymon

Mind if I ask where you got the magnet/actuator and how much? I need to replace mine do to it being worn and not moving far enough to actually lock up.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Following. My rear actuator and magnet have been out for years and I thought I had to replace the whole locker. Bubba I might have to come see you in the next few months about that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom