CB Radio and tuner/programmer help

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey everyone so i caught the off roading bug after my first time 20 mins into the ride. just a few weeks ago i have been looking at 2 things

1. a coder/tuner for a 2011 Jk 2 door
2. a good cheap CB radio to get me started
-any good mounting points you like?

any and all advice on different products is extreamly helpful

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, with the exception of an AEV ProCal which is just a basic programmer, there aren't too many if any tuners available for the 2011-up.

As far as CB's go, unless you install a cage or overhead console, there are too many places to install a full size CB (what I prefer). A lot of guy like to run a Cobra 75 because of that.

As far as CB's go, unless you install a cage or overhead console, there are too many places to install a full size CB (what I prefer). A lot of guy like to run a Cobra 75 because of that.

Will the 75 give me better performance than say the 19 will. I know the 19 is small enough to mount in more inconspicuous places, but I dont want to go through the trouble of mounting a cb that sucks...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Unfortunately, with the exception of an AEV ProCal which is just a basic programmer, there aren't too many if any tuners available for the 2011-up.

Thanks Eddie!

yea i was looking at AEV ProCal cause it was the only one i found. wasnt sure if there was others i was missing.

i was thinking about mounting it overhead like you, its a cool trucker style and easy access. just a matter of picking out the right one now. :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Will the 75 give me better performance than say the 19 will. I know the 19 is small enough to mount in more inconspicuous places, but I dont want to go through the trouble of mounting a cb that sucks...

It's has more options but not necessarily better. I've run the 75 in several of my Jeeps in the past but have always hated the tiny speaker. Even with an external speaker, I always found the sound quality to be just okay - my only real beef. I now run Cobra 29's and love them.

It's has more options but not necessarily better. I've run the 75 in several of my Jeeps in the past but have always hated the tiny speaker. Even with an external speaker, I always found the sound quality to be just okay - my only real beef. I now run Cobra 29's and love them.

Copy that... No use having a CB that the sound quality is sub-par on i suppose. Thanks

jkjurny

As far as tuners, Diablo, Bully Dog, and Hypertech have now released 2012-2013 tuners. I believe they work for the 2011 too. Superchips should be around the corner since they need to meet the competitions release dates.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As far as tuners, Diablo, Bully Dog, and Hypertech have now released 2012-2013 tuners. I believe they work for the 2011 too. Superchips should be around the corner since they need to meet the competitions release dates.

Called hypertech this afternoon they said they don't have the codes for the 11. Said its a beast in its own. 12-13 tuners wouldn't work :(

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom