Damaged ABR Locker

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer. You're best bet would be to get a replacement part from ARB but, if that's not an option, you can try to use a drill and extractor to remove the broken bolt and then use a tap to clean up the threads.

Hellfire

Bummer. You're best bet would be to get a replacement part from ARB but, if that's not an option, you can try to use a drill and extractor to remove the broken bolt and then use a tap to clean up the threads.

I'll get a quote, I can get the broken bolt out, but it ripped all of the threads up, I would have to re-tap it a bigger size thread and theres not a whole lot of material left on the body to do so. :(

Hellfire

Good News! Just got off the phone with ARB...they no longer make the body, but they will send me new bolts for free! Just need to get the old one out and put it back together. I guess ARB makes a newer style of locker without bolts. The sales guy on the phone was awesome and very helpful. :rock::rock::rock:

Hellfire

Thank you for your help too Eddie, its like have state farm agent anywhere you go...just ask and they appear... :) Do you ever sleep? :D

Last edited:

Hellfire

I finally put the locker back together along with the axle. I've been busy lately so today I started early and took my time replacing everything.... I went ahead & replacd inner oil axle seals, outer dust seals, replaced the axle u-joints and also checked the ARB locker rear / repaced the fluid. Now I'm back up & running. :)

Top Bottom