LOD signature vs Destroyer sliders

89XJClay

I need some help from the collective.

I'm trying to decide on the LOD signature sliders vs. the LOD Destroyer sliders. I've been trying to research and I just can't choose, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm already sold on LOD products. I've got their Destroyer shorty front, and Destroyer shorty rear bumpers and they are awesome. Built like tanks and very functional.

I don't wheel a bunch, and when I do I likley won't be dropping onto rocks. Here in Indiana we have woods and mud for the most part, but I would like the to be functional, be able to pivot around trees or rocks, or be dropped on and hold up the weight of the JKU if needed.

I like the fact that they both incorporate steps because I do use mine as a daily driver and have younger kids, but they need to be functional.

Ground clearance and side clearance would be good. Installation doesn't difficulty doesn't matter. I have lot of tools ;)

So does anyone have an opinion one way or the other??

thanks!
Clay

Last edited:

Fury22

I need some help from the collective.

I'm trying to decide on the LOD signature sliders vs. the LOD Destroyer sliders. I've been trying to research and I just can't choose, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm already sold on LOD products. I've got their Destroyer shorty front, and Destroyer shorty rear bumpers and they are awesome. Built like tanks and very functional.

I don't wheel a bunch, and when I do I likley won't be dropping onto rocks. Here in Indiana we have woods and mud for the most part, but I would like the to be functional, be able to pivot around trees or rocks, or be dropped on and hold up the weight of the JKU if needed.

I like the fact that they both incorporate steps because I do use mine as a daily driver and have younger kids, but they need to be functional.

Ground clearance and side clearance would be good. Installation doesn't difficulty doesn't matter. I have lot of tools ;)

So does anyone have an opinion one way or the other??

thanks!
Clay

I just installed the signatures on my jku. Took an afternoon due to drilling and broken drill bits, but they are stout. But i do wheel mine on rocks so i wanted the frame mounted protection. From the sound of it you would probably be happy with the destroyers. I looked into those as well and they seem strong enough for what you describe you do with your rig.

I run the Signature sliders. They're absolutely fantastic and as stout as a sliders can be. They can support the full weight of the vehicle without issue. I can't speak for the destroyers, but they just seem to me like they're more aesthetic than functional. The signature sliders are absolutely worth the investment. You do need to drill and tap a few areas of the frame, but it's not that bad.

Just do yourself a favor and pick up a refrigerator wrench to make tapping the holes easier just under the doors.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-3-16-in-1-4-in-Square-x-1-2-in-9-16-in-Hex-Ratcheting-Refrigeration-Wrench-68309/203481432

Top Bottom