Inexpensive roof cargo rack for a stock 2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited need to buy

bushpilotmexico

Need to buy a cargo rack for a Wrangler Sahara Unlimited and looking for advice

Any suggestions for a cargo rack for my 2015 Wrangler Unlimited 4 door keeping the stock rear bumper and not drilling the frame or body? Looks like they are all fairly expensive, The Barricade looks interesting and economical but won't fit a stock bumper. Any suggestions and photos would be appreciated.

thx

Last edited:
Do you have to have a rack?
Is it just for traveling on vacation or will you be using it all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bushpilotmexico

Do you have to have a rack?
Is it just for traveling on vacation or will you be using it all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last vehicle was an Fj Toyota cruiser and to be honest I have never had an off road vehicle without a rack. Always great to be able to throw on a canoe of boat. The biggest problem here in Canada is our lousy dollar which is worth about 71 cents US when you use your Visa card. When looking at US prices us unfortunate Canadians have to add 35% to the price to be able to see it in CAD.

rubiDave

My last vehicle was an Fj Toyota cruiser and to be honest I have never had an off road vehicle without a rack. Always great to be able to throw on a canoe of boat. The biggest problem here in Canada is our lousy dollar which is worth about 71 cents US when you use your Visa card. When looking at US prices us unfortunate Canadians have to add 35% to the price to be able to see it in CAD.
That's loonie.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiDave

We need trump as our Prime Minister and get rid of Turd-eau:clap2:
[emoji38]
Be careful what you wish for, might end up with 25% tariffs on top of your weak currency.

Back to your original question:
Depending on what you want to haul, there are a few that attach to the hardtop drip edge. Carrying capacity is limited though to about 50lbs per cross member so on a JKU with 2 cross members maybe 100 lbs total. Probably good enough a canoe or kayak. Not too expensive and might be all you need.

I'm fairly pleased with my Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform. Has a higher load rating and is very low profile. Not inexpensive though a (about 1000 USD) and requires drilling through your hardtop.

If you need a rack for a soft top or no top I think you pretty much need a full external frame. I haven't researched them as to price and drilling requirements.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SSRuger

I would look at the Gobi rack. They cost a bit more but it is a no drill rack that can run with factory bumpers. I like the steak look of the Rhino Rack but don't like the drilling into the top personally.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom