Jku hard top swap between years

eharshbarger

I have an 18 JKUR with factory soft top. There is a guy local to me wanting to trade hard top with freedom panels for mine. His is an 08 Sahara. I know their is some minor visual differences but I have seen conflicting reports on forums of being a direct swap to my Jeep. Any input is appreciated

SQURILEYSTUBBS

I have a 2011 top on my 07 the only real difference I’ve noticed is the rear alignment pins didn’t line up and the center latch for the freedom panels is off centered. Other than those minor things I’ve had no issues and no leaking

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have an 18 JKUR with factory soft top. There is a guy local to me wanting to trade hard top with freedom panels for mine. His is an 08 Sahara. I know their is some minor visual differences but I have seen conflicting reports on forums of being a direct swap to my Jeep. Any input is appreciated

I have a 2016 JKUR with a 2012 JKU hard top on it. Like AMSQURILEYSTUBBS said, there’s something a little goofy with the center latch of the freedom panels, but it still attaches perfectly. Very tight. No leaks. That said, I don’t have experience with the exact years you’re referring to. Based on my experience, I’d say it’s worth trying. When I drove over to the the people’s house to buy mine, they came out into the driveway with wrenches and friends and made sure it fit! That’s how we do it:drinks:

eharshbarger

Ok sounds good, just hoping to not have to modify it any and still a nice seal. Not getting the hard top option was only regret with my Jeep. Pain in the butt to get into the back

Zstairlessone

His 2008 freedom panel front hold-down is in a different place than the 2010 and up. The older ones work on the new JKs, the newer ones don’t work on the older JKs without relocating your footman loop. They put out kits for the relocation, but you won’t need it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom