Pitman arm removal help

desertrunner

Ok gents I'm at a loss here. How hard should the damn pitman arm be to come off. After 3 puller rentals I finally have one the right size that clears the track bar bracket. I have been cranking on this thing with a breaker bar and a pipe extender. Finally resorted to the impact gun and it's bending the puller and not coming off. Without risking breaking the rental and throwing parts under a ton of torque is this normal?
I've been soaking it in PB blaster the last few days and am putting my strongest impact to it, not sure what else I can do.
Any tips would be appreciated

Pic for reference
Seated side
20190604_185144.jpg

Side that is bending out
20190604_185125.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Sort of like ball joints. When you think you're trying to hard, you're about halfway there. [emoji41]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
The rental isn't expensive so I don't really care all that much if I break it I just don't want that thing flying off under that much torque if it falls off that lip.
I could always throw a helmet on and let er rip but damn it make me nurvous.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You could heat it a bit. I’ve also put the puller on and hit it with more blaster and leave the puller for a couple hours or overnight. Then next day take it off, reposition and try again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom