Axle upgrade...

Ok, I'm going to upgrade axles and have some quesitons..

I like the Currie RockJock 44 4.56 with elockers for front and back but I've heard some negative things about them...Has anyone here had problems with this brand?

I also like Rubincon Dana 4.10 elockers from America Most Wanted 4x4. What has me concerned about these guys is that I sent an email and haven't heard anything back from them. This concerns me about customer service.

My Jeep Wrangler Sport has 2.5" lift with 33's. I know that ain't much for many of you but I'm almost 60 and getting into anything higher than 2.5" lift after hard nights work is a tough situation and lifting anything bigger than 33's is a back breaker. I live in florida so I'm not really looking for rock crawling but who know what situation will arise. I will be mostly mudding and moderate off roading. Need your feed back guys.
Thank s for the Help.

Eloucha

I like the Currie RockJock 44 4.56 with elockers for front and back but I've heard some negative things about them...Has anyone here had problems with this brand?

I also like Rubincon Dana 4.10 elockers from America Most Wanted 4x4. What has me concerned about these guys is that I sent an email and haven't heard anything back from them. This concerns me about customer service.

My Jeep Wrangler Sport has 2.5" lift with 33's. I know that ain't much for many of you but I'm almost 60 and getting into anything higher than 2.5" lift after hard nights work is a tough situation and lifting anything bigger than 33's is a back breaker. I live in florida so I'm not really looking for rock crawling but who know what situation will arise. I will be mostly mudding and moderate off roading. Need your feed back guys.
Thank s for the Help.

Dynatrac axel.selectable Lockers all the way u will not regret it. Top notch.for u invest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC Wrangler

That

And 4.56 a low enough gearing for a jk? Don’t most people end up with 5 something?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I have 4.56 with my 315’s and had them with my old 35’s. That’s with the 3.6 auto. I would guess that would be a bit much for your 33’s, but just a guess.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

jorgelrod

Hooked
I run 4.56 with my 35's and probably will run them with 37's until something major happens like jumping to bigger axles (but I live in Florida, I can get away with it...)

Now why would you buy a rear 44 since you already have one? unless your JK is one of those 2007's with a rear Dana 35

On my first JK I ran a 2.5 inch lift with 4.10s and 33s for two years. 2 door sport with automatic transmission. I think that on the hills a 4.56 gear ratio would have been super helpful. If you have a four door definitely go with 4.56. Depending on how hard you wheel I think that a Pro Rock 44 might be overkill for you. You could pick up a used front Rubicon 44, add C gussets, and then change the gears in the rear 44 to match for much less. If you really want to change out the rear as well I have seen pairs of front and rears go for $3,000. Heck, you may be able to find a pair with the gears you want if you are willing to wait long enough.

Thank s for the Help.

Last edited:

desertrunner

For 33s and Florida wheeling I don't think you really need new axles you can probably get away with a regear to 4.56 and a rear selectable locker and you will be set. Maybe some C gussets up front and call it a day. Shouldnt be more than 2k ish for that set up.

If your really wanting to upgrade the front axle it is really hard to beat the PR44. I personally went with the dynatrac trail leader package which is a fully assembled PR44 front ARB air locker 4.88s and then a rear locker matching gears and 35 spline shafts. Obviously youll have to pay a shop or install the rear stuff but overall you should never have any issues with that set up especially on 33s. That set is about 7500 and then rear install cost.

I don't think that kit you can get 4.56s though 4.88s I think is the lowest and I ran that on 33s for a while it was definitely over geared before I went to 37s.

Overall if your not wanting any bigger than 33s I'd personally C gusset the front re gear to 4.56 and then a selectable locker of your choice in the rear only.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
If you’re sticking with 33s I wouldn’t even re-gear. But regearing is over $2500 around here.

I’d do c gussets, maybe, and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

thank you guys

I want to change the axles due to HATING the lag with these 3.21 gears. I'm probably going with axle change in front with 4.10 elockers and changing rear diff. Now just have to find respectable 4x4 shop. I would love to do myself but don't have the place to do it. I love doing things like this myself. No one does it better than yourself...

Thanks again

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I'd say hold out for a used set of Rubicon axles, or snatch up a used ProRock axle.

Fusion4x4 has some inexpensive options too, might be sufficient for your needs.

I want to change the axles due to HATING the lag with these 3.21 gears. I'm probably going with axle change in front with 4.10 elockers and changing rear diff. Now just have to find respectable 4x4 shop. I would love to do myself but don't have the place to do it. I love doing things like this myself. No one does it better than yourself...

Thanks again

I’m a little confused, do you want to change the axles for different gear ratios? The type of driving you are doing should require swapping axles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry guys

Might have meant changing the gearing inside the axle, essentially changing the axle? This is opposed to swapping out the entire axle. Tomato, tomotto...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry guys, i work nights and sometimes my eyes are open but brain still asleep. Im going to change front axle to d44 with 4.10 elocker and have rear changed to 4.10 elocker. Flordia is flat and with mud and sand. Im almost retired and plan on doing some trips to Jeep events. I've always wanted a JEEP and its going to be a great part of my retirement. I just love this JEEP...my girlfriends if jealous. Lol

Top Bottom