Sirius

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Hey everyone. I was looking at taking out my stock stereo and replacing it with an upgraded deck. I was wondering what I need to have in order to install Sirius in my Jeep. I have looked around, but it seems you have to have all kinds of different components to get it up and going. I got confused and need your guy's help. Thanks in advance!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Did your JK come with Sirrius? If you are getting an upgraded aftermarket head unit that is Sirrius ready, all you need is an antenna to go with it. Then call and get your subscription.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I got a Barebones 07. I dont need a reciever or anything? Just a Satellite ready deck and the antenna? I figured it would be more complicated than that.. Thanks man, appreciate it!

Paratroopers stay up longer!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I got a Barebones 07. I dont need a reciever or anything? Just a Satellite ready deck and the antenna? I figured it would be more complicated than that.. Thanks man, appreciate it!

Paratroopers stay up longer!

It's ben awhile since I had an aftermarket head unit, but, XM Sat radio was built into the head unti I had in my Range Rover. All I needed was an antenna. Just make sure you buy a good head unit with the satellite receiver built in.

suicideking

Depends on the radio. I got a Kenwood NAV unit about 5 years ago. It was Satellite ready, but still required a separate satellite module. Don't know if that's necessary now.

Top Bottom