Waving from Rocky Ford, CO

Rhama4x4

HELLO!!... Saying hi from the southern part of Colorado.:standing wave:

Occupation - Music Teacher (both the wife and I)
Children - Nope, unless you count our 2 Great Danes.
Jeep - 2007 JKU (mine) - 3" Teraflex, 35 MTR's, LoD Stubbie Rear Tire Carrier, Chopped Fenders and Front Bumper.
2000 TJ (wifes) - Stock (for now)

Love both my Jeeps even though the JKU is out of service due to that Damn Death Wobble, replaced track bar bushings, then replaced track bar with an adjustable, ball joints, drag link, tie rod ends... Still Death Wobbling:mad:. Next is the bolt kit from Northridge, after that I don't know what to do.:idontknow:

During the summer we get out as much as often as we can (the winter school schedule doesn't allow much time). Camping, Hiking, Geocaching, Kayaking (just got hooked this past summer), and of course four wheeling. :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
welcome to wayalife!! sorry to hear about your DW. when you started replacing parts, did you make sure to go back and check everything else again? DW has a way of screwing everything up again and with each thing you do to address it, everything else needs a hard look as well. also, i see that you're running MTR's, have you tried swapping in a different set of tires just to see if it makes a difference? we had a similar problem a while back and found that a lot of it was coming from our MTR's.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Welcome to Wayalife! It must be nice being a teacher get all that time off, I was thinking of heading in that same career direction. :brows:

Rhama4x4

Wayalife, I have checked everything many times and it all looks and feels like it should. I have not tried a new set of tires yet. We were having problems balancing the MTR's. I have my stock wheels and tires I may try those. Will they work without spacers? At least for a test run?

Rhama4x4

JKRay said:
Welcome to Wayalife! It must be nice being a teacher get all that time off, I was thinking of heading in that same career direction. :brows:

The vacations are the best part about teaching! Every holiday, spring break, summer. It doesn't get much better.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wayalife, I have checked everything many times and it all looks and feels like it should. I have not tried a new set of tires yet. We were having problems balancing the MTR's. I have my stock wheels and tires I may try those. Will they work without spacers? At least for a test run?

i'm willing to bet that a lot of your problems are with the MTR's. changing mine out to a set of toyo's made all the difference and i've talked to a lot of other people who've had similar experiences. as far as needing spacers go, if they're just stock tires, i don't see why they'd be needed.

Drayko88

Welcome to wayalife :standing wave:, good luck with the DW dilemma, i hope you get it figured out, id offer advice but i dont know anything about it and your best bet is to listen to Eddie(Wayalife)

Last edited:

Rhama4x4

wayoflife said:
i'm willing to bet that a lot of your problems are with the MTR's. changing mine out to a set of toyo's made all the difference and i've talked to a lot of other people who've had similar experiences. as far as needing spacers go, if they're just stock tires, i don't see why they'd be needed.

I will get my stickers on tomorrow. Thanks for the expertise and info.

Rhama4x4

wayoflife said:

Thanks for the info. I will get my stockers on tomorrow and let you guys know what happens.

Rhama4x4

Well... Changed out the tires back to my stockers and it feels a ton better right up until it shakes your head off.

That said I do think the MTR's had something to do with the wobble starting, but now it is definitely something else.

Top Bottom