2015 Jeep Wrangler Trackbar Issue

JudeinPa

About 2 weeks ago I noticed that when I made a low speed left turn there was a popping sound coming from the front end. I was thinking it might be the axle u-joint going bad. Checked the trackbar when turning the steering wheel and had no signs of anything wrong or any play in it.
I took a road trip with my JK down to the Maryland shore area and it seemed to running great. On the way home my ESC light came on. Drove it the rest of the way home about 200 miles. The next day every thing seemed normal except the light was still on and made an appointment with the dealer. Soonest I could get in is July 8! Today driving to work I noticed the steering wheel was turned a little to the left while driving straight anf thought it must be the drag link is loose.
Driving it home after work I noticed it getting worse and seemed to be wandering all over my driving lane. Get about 4 blocks from my house and now I can't keep it straight. Pull into the driveway and when stopped and turning the wheel hear a cracking sound. Sure enough my trackbar bracket broke loose from the axle.

I find this very odd as I have never wheeled it over any rough terrian and it broke off the axle. We were very blessed that we made it home from Maryland without getting into an accident as well.

Can anyone recommend a replacement trackbar bracket I can have welded on to replace the original? I am thinking of asking the dealer what they can do but being it is 4 years old and has been lifted I just know that they will leave me with no answers to fix it.

I have seen a few front track bar bracket failures, two of which were on the trail. Strange that is happened to a jeep that was never wheeled but definitely possible. Synergy makes a good option. You may want to check EVO and Rockkrawler as well.

I would maybe reach out to the dealership first to see if you can get some sort of free fix. Obviously you have to be prepared to deal with scum bags, as all dealership people are scum bags. They may point you in the direction of Dana Spicer, as they manufacture the axle. Dana makes good shit and will likely compensate you; although I’ve never dealt with their customer service. I’m sure there are plenty of nice aftermarket brackets that you can buy, and if it was me, I would weld the original back on myself, if it is intact. However, if you don’t have the means to do that, I would DEFINITELY be looking for compensation because that is a defective part. I recently drove my 2016 JKUR into another car (lady ran a red light) at 35 mph and not a single weld cracked. I inspected that shit for hours. It’s in the body shop now...also, I read in JP magazine a few months ago jeep had a recall on some welded component. Can’t remember what. Point bein’ every once in a while, a shitty weld sneaks by...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JudeinPa

I am going to see if the dealer will do something about it. Yes, it is lifted and not factory but that still shouldn't put any undue stress on an bracket. I am blaming it on the Eastern winters and living in the salt belt. I do go over the underside every spring or summer.

I found a G2 front trackbar bracket. https://www.quadratec.com/products/52465_6620.htm

I like the Rockkrawler better but checked just about everywhere and they are out of stock. I have been adding parts through the years to get it ready for some serious off road use. This year I have added new diff covers under body armor and an Adams front driveshaft. Glad I wasn't on the trail! Thinking Black Bear Pass.......:crazyeyes:

I am going to see if the dealer will do something about it. Yes, it is lifted and not factory but that still shouldn't put any undue stress on an bracket. I am blaming it on the Eastern winters and living in the salt belt. I do go over the underside every spring or summer.

I found a G2 front trackbar bracket. https://www.quadratec.com/products/52465_6620.htm

I like the Rockkrawler better but checked just about everywhere and they are out of stock. I have been adding parts through the years to get it ready for some serious off road use. This year I have added new diff covers under body armor and an Adams front driveshaft. Glad I wasn't on the trail! Thinking Black Bear Pass.......:crazyeyes:

I hear you bro, glad you weren’t hurt and your jeeps ok! Sounds like you’re in for a fun season! Breakage is always a good excuse to upgrade :rock:

JudeinPa

I was thinking on the same lines of "A good time to upgrade"! I mentioned a new front axle to the wife and she wasn't too happy. I thought I would post a pic of the bracket. As I mentoned I am usually quick to wire brush and paint at the first signs of spring but we had so much rain this year it has been rough. IMG_0861.JPG

Oh damn bro, yea that’s trashed! I grew up in NY. Once had to weld the entire frame of my Chevy 1500 cargo van. I feel your pain...

Top Bottom