winch mounting

seanb123

so when i got my jeep used some guy had put a whole bunch of stupid mopar unnecessary things like a winch less front bumper (its just a metal square with tubes on the aka the tube bumper) and im getting a winch soon. Can i drill holes and line up the winch or do i really need a winch plate?

rtguy1

so when i got my jeep used some guy had put a whole bunch of stupid mopar unnecessary things like a winch less front bumper (its just a metal square with tubes on the aka the tube bumper) and im getting a winch soon. Can i drill holes and line up the winch or do i really need a winch plate?

Winch bumpers are built for a winch. They have gussets etc. in there for strength. If they make a winch plate for it get it. You don't want the winch to rip off when ur stuck. Or the whole shitty bumper for that matter. Lol

seanb123

Winch bumpers are built for a winch. They have gussets etc. in there for strength. If they make a winch plate for it get it. You don't want the winch to rip off when ur stuck. Or the whole shitty bumper for that matter. Lol

yeah makes sense just didnt want to spend the extra coin if i didnt have to

rtguy1

Sometimes they charge too much for those plates. I know it's a few hundred bucks for a winch mount for a stock bumper. F that. Better off getting a new bumper in that situation. Look at the pricing on the mounts and decide if its in your best interest to use that or just pop for a new bumper all together. You could prob sell the tube one and recover a few bucks to put toward a new setup if that's the path you choose.

seanb123

Sometimes they charge too much for those plates. I know it's a few hundred bucks for a winch mount for a stock bumper. F that. Better off getting a new bumper in that situation. Look at the pricing on the mounts and decide if its in your best interest to use that or just pop for a new bumper all together. You could prob sell the tube one and recover a few bucks to put toward a new setup if that's the path you choose.

i seen that bumper as a lost cause tried selling it, nothing.Seams people know how useless it is. So i'm just gonna save up get a new winch ready bumper.

rtguy1

i seen that bumper as a lost cause tried selling it, nothing.Seams people know how useless it is. So i'm just gonna save up get a new winch ready bumper.

Maybe u were asking too much. Someone will buy it for sure for the right price.

rtguy1

Lol. I have a poison spyder with stinger and a warn Zeon. Good luck though. Post up what you decide on doing.

Top Bottom