Windshield spots?

Lane87

The windshield on my 08 has these tiny dots all over it, almost like there is sand suspended in the glass.. During the day I can barely tell but at night with on coming traffic every little speck is lit up. It's starting to be really dangerous and I'm scared to drive it at night, especially when it's raining. I've tried everything to get them off, razor blade, goo gone, wax, but it really doesn't seem like its on the surface.. What should I do?!?

my_jk

Sand/small rocks hitting it when out on the trail when following someone or even just driving on the highway.

rtguy1

Sand/small rocks hitting it when out on the trail when following someone or even just driving on the highway.

^ what he said...lol. Just happens over time especially if u live and travel in dusty areas, follow transfer dumps hauling sand and gravel etc.

orngcrushrgrl

Our windshield is like this too from living in an area where we get frequent sand storms. Unfortunately over time it will just keep getting worse until eventually you'll get hit by a rock and chip.

:-(

Tackerdown

Banned
I didn't really think anything of it till I read your post. I bought my jeep with 20,000 miles on it ( a 2011) from Delaware so I figured it had to be from sand. I don't have any visual issues but its just hundreds of tinny dots. Its going to have to stay until my windshield decal gets messed up though.

Top Bottom