Help with noise on take off

vasquez27

I have a 2017 JKU manual transmission with about 30k miles on it. It’s recently made this weird kind of clunk/shift noise from the undercarriage when I take off in first (inconsistent). I think it started when I drove around a 16ft trailer attached to the hitch. Every time I took off, sounded like something shifted into place with the trailer on. Now it’s more noticeable on say if I reverse then go into first. Any ideas on what that could be?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Are you feeling any change the way the Jeep handles from before you started hearing the clink? Before I start chasing clunks with parts of the Jeep. Take everything out of it and drive it. I had a loose D ring floating around and made a dull thud. Drove me nuts for a month until I found it under the back seat. If it’s still there start re torquing your steering and suspension bolts to ensure there’s no play in those.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

longarmwj

Do you have track lock rear end? Could be the clutch packs. I fear that is what my noise is, as I have the same noise you're talking about and I have exhausted all my other options.

Top Bottom