Sliders for a 4 door

NHAkita

I have narrowed it down to two, the LOD or the Rancho. I don't want to weld them or the bolt to the pinch seam type. What are the pro/cons to either? The LOD I need to drill a couple holes in the frame, it only hurts the first hole :) ... The Rancho uses the body mounts and the step bolts. Has anyone had issue with either? I live in New Hampshire so these are more nerf bars than for pivoting on rocks.
Thanks,
Paul

PackersJeep

I've been running the LoD sliders on my 2-door for 3 years and they hold up very well. I like that they have a step integrated into them and that they bolt through the frame for extra support. The step really helps when playing with the soft top. Another pro is thy since they extend out a bit you're able to pivot off rocks without fear of damage. Con: it decreases your ground clearance a bit since they go below the pinch seam. Didn't matter to me though, I'd rather have the added strength.

cuongdyna

I had installed LOD sliders on my 08 JKUR. Slider did great and also look great. Took a lot of beating and a little bit of sand paper and a can of semi gloss black paint it was new again.

image-4283540842.jpg

image-740970076.jpg

Last edited:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I've had body armory that bolt to pinch seam. Ran them for 2 yrs. great access step. Handled the rock crawling but got crunched. I now have LoDs. I bolted them on successfully. But to be sure I welded them as well. Did so because I've been increasing the difficulty of the rock crawling. If your not doing major rock crawling, go with the body mount. If you haven't looked at body arm our give them a look in addition to the ranches.

suicideking

I'd also pick the LOD. Stay away from anything that mounts to the body. You want frame mount as many above had said.

I'm looking at replacing my rails. The three I'm considering are LOD, Evo (said you don't want weld on though), and Shrockworks. I keep going back and forth on which I want. Must have a step and be frame mount. I've seen the LOD and really like them. Great look and solid construction.

PackersJeep

Thanks guys, so how many threads do you get with the NF tap through the frame?

3-4 threads on each side of the frame. Really hard to tell since its such a small area. Could have sworn I had taken pictures of almost every step of the install but cannot find any of them.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
3-4 threads on each side of the frame. Really hard to tell since its such a small area. Could have sworn I had taken pictures of almost every step of the install but cannot find any of them.

Three pointers on this having just done it. 1).Make sure you get a 25/64 drill with the 7/16 NF20 tap. Any larger you'll strip the threads. You will get 3-4 on frame. Maybe 5 on bottom. 2) don't overtighten the screws the bracket will provide support. 3) make sure the large black powder coated washers are mounted upfront on bottom. They level out the sliders.

Top Bottom