Automatic transmission damage

64fabius

Hello, I have an european 2007 JKU 2.8 CRD 5-45 RFE automatic transmission equipped. Yesterday while I was driving at 70 mph on n n highway, the transmission suddenly stopped to work.
In fact, although the D gear was selected, my Jeep decelerated like if I shifted on N gear and the car slowly stopped. Then, I tried to shift every gears but it happened nothing. I could switch on the Jeep but it was impossible to move it. This morning I tested it with Witech Micropod2 and I found two DTCs: P0716 and P0721, regarding both output and input speed sensor of transmission. What does it mean? In your opinion, could be there an electrical damage or a serious problem inside the mechanisms of gear box? Thanks a lot for helping me!

jdofmemi

You most likely have two bad speed sensors. When one goes bad, the Jeep still drives, but when two fail, the computer don't know what's going on so it does nothing.

I had that happen, but was able to reset and drive in first gear. If I manually selected second before moving, it would hold second. I had to drive 20 Mike's home like that. It was a slow trip.

My problem was both rear wheel speed sensors, even though the code was output sensor like yours.

Get new sensors, and check the connectors. I had to replace one connector as well.

Good luck

Top Bottom