PDA

View Full Version : LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING on Peterson Jeep in Idaho

wayoflife
07-09-2019, 03:40 PM
As I'm sure most of you know, there was never any question that Cindy and I would buy an all new Jeep Gladiator. It literally is a truck that we've been wanting ever since Jeep stopped making trucks and every time Jeep teased us with a concept, we always said we would buy it if it ever got made. Well, here it is at long last and as if you can believe it, we STILL don't have ours.

Hoping to be one of the first to get their hands on a Gladiator, I tried talking to all the right people I knew and was even able to get a list of ones that were built and being shipped to dealerships all around the country and very early on. Unfortunately, most were already sold or were being marked up $10k or more over MSRP. Needless to say, we decided to do the next best thing and that was to order a Launch Edition Gladiator - you know, because they would be made first, right? WRONG! In spite of the fact that every single one of the 4,019 Launch Edition Gladiators being made were sold on 04/04/19, ours is still nowhere to be seen. Yup, it's literally been over 3 months now and I still can't get any confirmation as to when we might get ours. We've been trying to be patient and understanding but honestly, the whole thing really sucks. Had I known the "Launch Edition" was just marketing and NOT actually the first Gladiators being made as their special name implies, I would have just ordered up a Sport like we had originally planned. I won't lie, I'm actually really pretty disappointed in Jeep for not making this more clear.

I was really hoping that the first official post I made about our Gladiator would be one with pics of it in our driveway and with keys in hand. Being that I can't get anyone to tell me when it'll come in, it's starting to look more and more like it'll be sometime next year before we see it.

Guess for now, our Gladiator continues to remain elusive unicorn. :rolleyes2:

cozdude
07-09-2019, 03:44 PM
As I'm sure most of you know, there was never any question that Cindy and I would buy an all new Jeep Gladiator. It literally is a truck that we've been wanting ever since Jeep stopped making trucks and every time Jeep teased us with a concept, we always said we would buy it if it ever got made. Well, here it is at long last and as if you can believe it, we STILL don't have ours.

Hoping to be one of the first to get their hands on a Gladiator, I tried talking to all the right people I knew and was even able to get a list of ones that were built and being shipped to dealerships all around the country and very early on. Unfortunately, most were already sold or were being marked up $10k or more over MSRP. Needless to say, we decided to do the next best thing and that was to order a Launch Edition Gladiator - you know, because they would be made first, right? WRONG! In spite of the fact that every single one of the 4,019 Launch Edition Gladiators being made were sold on 04/04/19, ours is still nowhere to be seen. Yup, it's literally been over 3 months now and I still can't get any confirmation as to when we might get ours. We've been trying to be patient and understanding but honestly, the whole thing really sucks. Had I known the "Launch Edition" was just marketing and NOT actually the first Gladiators being made as their special name implies, I would have just ordered up a Sport like we had originally planned. I won't lie, I'm actually really pretty disappointed in Jeep for not making this more clear.

I was really hoping that the first official post I made about our Gladiator would be one with pics of it in our driveway and with keys in hand. Being that I can't get anyone to tell me when it'll come in, it's starting to look more and more like it'll be sometime next year before we see it.

Guess for now, our Gladiator continues to remain elusive unicorn. :rolleyes2:

Thatís a load of shit! It would be nice if you could cancel your order at this rate and just buy a sport from your dealer and get it over with.

Brute
07-09-2019, 03:59 PM
yes...this sucks. I don't know a single person who is more enamored with the Jeep brand than you two...Jeep is definitely doing you guys wrong...

elgordomucho
07-09-2019, 04:07 PM
If anything you guys getting one first would sell more!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Dale72
07-09-2019, 04:08 PM
That really sucks

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

WJCO
07-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Sorry to hear this. It really sucks the way Jeep did a 'bait and switch' with the Launch Editions.

wayoflife
07-09-2019, 04:14 PM
Thatís a load of shit! It would be nice if you could cancel your order at this rate and just buy a sport from your dealer and get it over with.

We put a deposit at a dealership in Idaho. I asked if they had anything else coming in that we could buy instead but was told that our LE was ahead of anything else they had coming. I keep looking at my local dealership and anything closer but either they don't have anything or don't have one in white like what we want. :rolleyes2:

yes...this sucks. I don't know a single person who is more enamored with the Jeep brand than you two...Jeep is definitely doing you guys wrong...

Clearly, I don't know the right people at Jeep or maybe more importantly, they couldn't give a shit as to who I am :crazyeyes:

wayoflife
07-09-2019, 04:19 PM
If anything you guys getting one first would sell more!!

I have a feeling they aren't having problems selling Gladiators. Certainly, some of the mark ups I've seen would indicate they can't keep them on the lots.

That really sucks

I suppose I should be used to this by now. Took almost 4 months to get our JL that we ordered right when the books opened up and our JK before took over 6 months. :rolleyes2:

Sorry to hear this. It really sucks the way Jeep did a 'bait and switch' with the Launch Editions.

I guess they never said they would be the first to be made first but then, they never said they wouldn't be. If they had just called it a "Special Edition", I might be more understanding but the "Launch" part and how they hyped it up sure made it sound like people who paid the premium for them would be getting them first. I dunno, maybe I'm just being a bitch because my patience has worn out.

longarmwj
07-09-2019, 04:21 PM
I think you need to name the Gladiator Brian when you get it, after Brian Wilson and his Beach Boys song, "I'm Waiting for the Day"

RESURECTIONJK
07-09-2019, 04:25 PM
To me the word ďlaunchĒ sums it up pretty good that these would be the first to hit the ground. And yet thatís clearly not the case. Jeep fucked up here. And I have a feeling they are gonna catch some shit for a long time as a result. Not cool.

Bear_JKU
07-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Thatís really sucks! My local dealership has a white Rubicon, and white sport in stock but theyíre marked up 5k. I know itís not easy to wait, Iíd be pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

TrailHunter
07-09-2019, 04:30 PM
That Blows.... Dynatrac has a spare bed lying around... You could probably buy another JL and build one faster than Jeep can fulfill your order.

benatc1
07-09-2019, 04:31 PM
My how things have changed in 2019, the word launch doesn't even mean launch anymore! Hopefully you guys get it soon!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

jeeeep
07-09-2019, 04:33 PM
that's jacked, why call it a "Launch" Edition ...seems they need to rename "Failed to Launch" Edition.

Seems Jeep would've gone out of their way to make the Launch a bigger deal for the premium they charged.

I've seen several JT's on the road and local dealerships seem to have plenty on the lot.

wayoflife
07-09-2019, 04:33 PM
I think you need to name the Gladiator Brian when you get it, after Brian Wilson and his Beach Boys song, "I'm Waiting for the Day"

LOL - that's pretty funny.

To me the word ďlaunchĒ sums it up pretty good that these would be the first to hit the ground. And yet thatís clearly not the case. Jeep fucked up here. And I have a feeling they are gonna catch some shit for a long time as a result. Not cool.

I dunno, I think people just want these so bad that nobody will give them grief for the false advertising. I'm just kind of pissed because it's not even something I was planning on buying. I specifically ordered one with the impression that I would get it sooner. So much for that. :rolleyes2:

Thatís really sucks! My local dealership has a white Rubicon, and white sport in stock but theyíre marked up 5k. I know itís not easy to wait, Iíd be pissed.

Yeah, there was one down in Vegas that the dealership hounded me on for a long time. I was tempted but couldn't justify the mark up.

Jaybird 11
07-09-2019, 04:35 PM
It would have been smart of them to get you one first. They get alot of free advertising from you. But like you said they must not be having trouble selling them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

wayoflife
07-09-2019, 04:36 PM
That Blows.... Dynatrac has a spare bed lying around... You could probably buy another JL and build one faster than Jeep can fulfill your order.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

My how things have changed in 2019, the word launch doesn't even mean launch anymore! Hopefully you guys get it soon!

Maybe they meant to call it "lunch" edition as in, everyone went out to lunch instead of making Gladiators. :rolleyes2:

that's jacked, why call it a "Launch" Edition ...seems they need to rename "Failed to Launch" Edition.

Seems Jeep would've gone out of their way to make the Launch a bigger deal for the premium they charged.

I've seen several JT's on the road and local dealerships seem to have plenty on the lot.

They sure got me with it being called "launch". Great marketing on their behalf and I'm sure it's what helped to get every single one sold in just one day. Maybe the 419 actually stands for how many days it takes to make one.

wayoflife
07-09-2019, 04:38 PM
It would have been smart of them to get you one first. They get alot of free advertising from you. But like you said they must not be having trouble selling them.

I appreciate your vote of confidence in us but I'm not deluded enough to think that anyone at Jeep even knows who I am. At least, people outside of engineering anyway.

longarmwj
07-09-2019, 04:38 PM

Better yet name your JT Apollo after Apollo 1 failed to launch into orbit

Exodus Jeeps
07-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Yeah man, I say this was a pretty shitty thing to do on Jeeps part. I also canít believe there isnít a sport available locally you could pick up. The dealers around us havenít been marking them up (so far as I know) and seem to have a consistent delivery. I havenít spent much time looking at the Rubicons but honestly, I donít see too much about them Iíd deem special enough to go through this.

wayoflife
07-09-2019, 04:49 PM
Better yet name your JT Apollo after Apollo 1 failed to launch into orbit

LOL - I dunno about that one. I'm still hoping to get one :crazyeyes:

Yeah man, I say this was a pretty shitty thing to do on Jeeps part. I also can’t believe there isn’t a sport available locally you could pick up. The dealers around us haven’t been marking them up (so far as I know) and seem to have a consistent delivery. I haven’t spent much time looking at the Rubicons but honestly, I don’t see too much about them I’d deem special enough to go through this.

There really isn't anything available locally. The couple that came into my dealership sold right away and neither of them were white. There are some in California but there's no way I'm buying anything from there. I could go to Vegas but they all want too much money and it's a drive. I chose to buy one in Idaho because you can get really good deals there. If the LE we ordered ever comes in, we will be able to get it for less than invoice. It's been a big part of why we've been holding out for so long but now, my patience is wearing thin.

Like you, I really don't see enough special about a Rubicon to need it. I was just thinking getting an LE would help me to get one sooner. So much for that.

benatc1
07-09-2019, 06:14 PM
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Maybe they meant to call it "lunch" edition as in, everyone went out to lunch instead of making Gladiators. :rolleyes2:

They sure got me with it being called "launch". Great marketing on their behalf and I'm sure it's what helped to get every single one sold in just one day. Maybe the 419 actually stands for how many days it takes to make one.Haha autocorrect strikes again!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

wjtstudios
07-09-2019, 06:16 PM
That sucks. Nothing more frustrating that seeing JTs running around While you are still waiting on yours.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

boardsurfer
07-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Crappy situation all around. Having zero communication as to it's ETA is a real shitty thing to do. 3 months! :grayno:

desertrunner
07-09-2019, 06:55 PM
There is a white sport s and a white overland edition at my local dealership in MT if you wanna make a drive up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

wayoflife
07-09-2019, 07:15 PM
That sucks. Nothing more frustrating that seeing JTs running around While you are still waiting on yours.

What's frustrating is that I was originally told that Rubicons were pretty much the only thing that were going to be made right off the bat. It's a big part of why we decided to get a Launch Edition. Needless to say, I know lots of people with Sports who not only have them in hand but already have them built up. :rolleyes2:

Crappy situation all around. Having zero communication as to it's ETA is a real shitty thing to do. 3 months! :grayno:

3 months and counting. NOBODY can give me a date as to when I'll get it.

There is a white sport s and a white overland edition at my local dealership in MT if you wanna make a drive up.

Unfortunately, that's a bit too much of a drive and I don't know if I can get my "non-refundable" deposit back.

OverlanderJK
07-09-2019, 07:25 PM
That sucks for sure. Shitty part is the sports donít have all the options and the overland isnít much cheaper.

Sharkey
07-09-2019, 07:42 PM
That sucks Eddie!

Sounds like the same build schedule as my son's rear bumper. :cheesy:

Andy5160
07-09-2019, 08:51 PM
That sucks indeed. One of my local Dealerships have few of them marked down including beautiful white rubicon and overland

desertrunner
07-09-2019, 09:07 PM
What's frustrating is that I was originally told that Rubicons were pretty much the only thing that were going to be made right off the bat. It's a big part of why we decided to get a Launch Edition. Needless to say, I know lots of people with Sports who not only have them in hand but already have them built up. :rolleyes2:

3 months and counting. NOBODY can give me a date as to when I'll get it.

Unfortunately, that's a bit too much of a drive and I don't know if I can get my "non-refundable" deposit back.Shoot they even have a white Rubicon on the lot I saw today too might be worth the drive out haha. Hell when I was looking for my gecko 2dr I ended up taking a 1 way flight to buy it and drive it 2 days home.

Not sure how much your deposit was but last time I put a deposit down on an order it was only $500 so negotiate that much less off the different one and boom net even haha.

nbunga
07-09-2019, 10:53 PM
A friend of mine ordered a LE as well. The last I talked to him he said he was told maybe August. I think heís a little annoyed s well.

Edwrds
07-09-2019, 11:00 PM
I was in San Diego yesterday they had a sport listed at 54k and another one canít remember the name but I would call it a Sahara at 64k and the rubicon didnít even have a price. Mark up on the first two was 10k I think Iíll be waiting for awhile.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

jesse3638
07-09-2019, 11:25 PM
We put a deposit at a dealership in Idaho. I asked if they had anything else coming in that we could buy instead but was told that our LE was ahead of anything else they had coming. I keep looking at my local dealership and anything closer but either they don't have anything or don't have one in white like what we want. :rolleyes2:

Clearly, I don't know the right people at Jeep or maybe more importantly, they couldn't give a shit as to who I am :crazyeyes:

That really sucks. I know its CA but Victorville Motors had a white sport 3 weeks ago when we were picking up our work truck. I didn't stop to see what if any markup there was but they were parking it right out front as I was leaving. I'd be just as frustrated.

When the 2012 JK's were coming out I tried to order one early on, but was told the ordering system was closed. After a few months the salesman I was working with called me and said they could submit the order but who knows when the system would open. I did this in Nov of 2011 and the dealership said they'd call once they were notified it went into production. I received a random phone call (after numerous times of trying to check the status online) in January from the salesman to let me know it was ready to be picked up. He was just as surprised as I was it was there and ready..haha.

jorgelrod
07-09-2019, 11:27 PM
Wow that sucks on so many levels. I really hope you get it soon, you know how much we all enjoy the Wayalife build videos!

desertrunner
07-09-2019, 11:38 PM
I was in San Diego yesterday they had a sport listed at 54k and another one canít remember the name but I would call it a Sahara at 64k and the rubicon didnít even have a price. Mark up on the first two was 10k I think Iíll be waiting for awhile.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)Damn really!? The 2 sports on the lot here are 43 and 46 the overland is 52. Didn't see a price on the Rubicon though

RCVRY
07-09-2019, 11:38 PM
That sucks Eddie!

Sounds like the same build schedule as my son's rear bumper. :cheesy:

LMFAO[emoji23]

RCVRY
07-09-2019, 11:56 PM
To Eddieís point: Launch Edition means first to hit the street. I would ask Jeep for their definition of ďlaunchĒ and publicize their response (Iím sure the lawyers have drawn a statement).

On another note; I looked in my area and no Sport models are available. And looking through what was available Iím under the same impression: theyíre fugly trucks. Just sayin. Really not liking the style and wished theyíd built more of a IH front end. Needed to be more old school or at least independent of the JL.

HighwayTrout
07-10-2019, 12:01 AM
Really not liking the style and wished theyíd built more of a IH front end. Needed to be more old school or at least independent of the JL.

Of all vehicles to possibly gather styling queues or influence from you pick international harvestor? [emoji23]

Possibly the ugliest vehicle manufacturer to date.

wjtstudios
07-10-2019, 12:04 AM
Of all vehicles to possibly gather styling queues or influence from you pick international harvestor? [emoji23]

But so ugly they looked good. Scouts still on my bucket list. My wife thinks Iím nuts

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

RCVRY
07-10-2019, 12:12 AM

[emoji38]My point exactly.

But the JT might grow on me, eventually. I remember the first time I saw a JK 4-door and thinking ďWTF?Ē Of course that was from the front seat of my YJ (I may have returned that wave with the bird). And I also remember the first time I saw square headlights on a YJ. Didnít like them either but loved my Ď95 until I couldnít keep up with it anymore.

Jsouder53
07-10-2019, 12:29 AM
Sorry to hear about the load of shit that Jeep is pulling.... hopefully it will be sooner than later that you will hear back that your Jeep is either being made or getting shipped to you guys!

RyanHanley
07-10-2019, 12:37 AM
Thereís been a couple white rubicons Iíve seen at dealerships in Colorado of course not exactly what you want but itís here and theyíve been there for a while now

jasont0311
07-10-2019, 01:06 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, for what you guys do for the brand they should have been better to you. If it means anything its worth the wait and I can't wait to see what you guys do to yours when you get it!

Edwrds
07-10-2019, 01:09 AM
Damn really!? The 2 sports on the lot here are 43 and 46 the overland is 52. Didn't see a price on the Rubicon though

Thatís what the other one was called an Overland. Yep thatís What they had them listed at I couldnít believe it myself.

OverlanderJK
07-10-2019, 01:11 AM
The dealers around here donít have much selection especially not exactly what I want.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Texas Nick
07-10-2019, 01:28 AM
Plot twist.. theyíre making you wait this long because you won the video contest and the 100K :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK
07-10-2019, 01:29 AM
Plot twist.. theyíre making you wait this long because you won the video contest and the 100K :crazyeyes:

If only. Some disabled guy won it go figure.

Texas Nick
07-10-2019, 01:47 AM

Well shit.. no reason to wait for that damned LE then..

wayoflife
07-10-2019, 02:20 PM
A friend of mine ordered a LE as well. The last I talked to him he said he was told maybe August. I think heís a little annoyed s well.

Well, glad to at least know that I'm not the only one. :rolleyes2:

Yup, the mark up I've been seeing is unreal. No way I'm paying it so I guess I'm stuck waiting. :rolleyes2:

That really sucks. I know its CA but Victorville Motors had a white sport 3 weeks ago when we were picking up our work truck. I didn't stop to see what if any markup there was but they were parking it right out front as I was leaving. I'd be just as frustrated.

When the 2012 JK's were coming out I tried to order one early on, but was told the ordering system was closed. After a few months the salesman I was working with called me and said they could submit the order but who knows when the system would open. I did this in Nov of 2012 and the dealership said they'd call once they were notified it went into production. I received a random phone call (after numerous times of trying to check the status online) in January from the salesman to let me know it was ready to be picked up. He was just as surprised as I was it was there and ready..haha.

We bought Rubicat from there and they were good to us.

Wow that sucks on so many levels. I really hope you get it soon, you know how much we all enjoy the Wayalife build videos!

Thanks! Here's to hoping.

Sorry to hear about the load of shit that Jeep is pulling.... hopefully it will be sooner than later that you will hear back that your Jeep is either being made or getting shipped to you guys!

Last I heard, it was built back on the 26th of last month but I can't verify that. If it really is, I know for a fact that it still hasn't shipped. :rolleyes2:

I'm sorry to hear that, for what you guys do for the brand they should have been better to you. If it means anything its worth the wait and I can't wait to see what you guys do to yours when you get it!

Yeah, I don't think the guys at Jeep even know who we are. At least, not outside of engineering. Hoping to get it soon though and so that we can share what we do with it :)

wayoflife
07-10-2019, 02:22 PM

Well shit.. no reason to wait for that damned LE then..

What OverlanderJK said. There was no way we could win against a guy who's disabled.

Biggest reason to wait is because I'll most likely get the LE sooner than if I start over again. Also, I won't have to pay a huge mark up or lose my $1k deposit.

jorgelrod
07-10-2019, 05:39 PM
I won't have to pay a huge mark up or lose my $1k deposit.

Yeah, losing a grand is not fun at all...

MericaMade
07-10-2019, 07:01 PM
What OverlanderJK said. There was no way we could win against a guy who's disabled.

Biggest reason to wait is because I'll most likely get the LE sooner than if I start over again. Also, I won't have to pay a huge mark up or lose my $1k deposit.

Could you just negation the 1000 dollar loss off with another dealership. I mean if you get a 1000 off price its a wash I would think. Sorry if I missed your answer, but why not buy from a dealer in socal? I see the dealer I bought my JK from has a white sport on the lot for 46,405 and a white Rubi for 54,520. Are those marked up?

HighwayTrout
07-10-2019, 08:41 PM
How is it a wash to lose a grand?

sipafz
07-10-2019, 08:42 PM
Guess for now, our Gladiator continues to remain elusive unicorn.

Sorry to read this! I was going to ask you about it a couple of weeks ago, but didnít want to add fuel. The two dealerships near me have a few each and they are advertising them at invoice (about $3,500 below sticker). No white sports though, just 4 Rubicons and two Overlanders. I hope you get a call soon, because I want to watch your build!

MericaMade
07-10-2019, 09:19 PM
How is it a wash to lose a grand?If the dealer gives an additional grand off to compensate for the deposit then it would be a wash.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

jesse3638
07-10-2019, 09:28 PM
To Eddieís point: Launch Edition means first to hit the street. I would ask Jeep for their definition of ďlaunchĒ and publicize their response (Iím sure the lawyers have drawn a statement).

On another note; I looked in my area and no Sport models are available. And looking through what was available Iím under the same impression: theyíre fugly trucks. Just sayin. Really not liking the style and wished theyíd built more of a IH front end. Needed to be more old school or at least independent of the JL.

I wish Jeep would have taken some styling cues from other vehicle lines (Mustang, Challenger) and restyled it to more resemble the original gladiator, not just a JL with a bed. I do understand from a tooling point this would have cost more bu tit would have made it much better IMO.

We bought Rubicat from there and they were good to us.

I didn't know that. I've bought two vehicles from there now as they have always been good. Not to mention they never gave me grief for warranty repairs due to mods.

HighwayTrout
07-10-2019, 09:38 PM
If the dealer gives an additional grand off to compensate for the deposit then it would be a wash.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Or you can still negotiate with the dealer that has the deposit and not throw money away.
Either way. This sucks but itís nothing new unfortunately. Jeep does this every time with a new model rolling out.

dillard09
07-10-2019, 11:54 PM
Sorry to hear about the wait. I know that's hard. I had to wait 5 months on my truck and it sucked! Seen a Launch Edition the other day and it was pretty sweet. Will be worth the wait.

Edwrds
07-11-2019, 12:31 AM
So my local dealer ship has a sport and they only want 45k it had no markup. Small town price I guess.

USMC Wrangler
07-11-2019, 12:46 AM
So my local dealer ship has a sport and they only want 45k it had no markup. Small town price I guess.

About the same at my closest dealer over here. Only one and itís apparently in the showroom. I havenít seen it sitting outside.

Snboarder113
07-11-2019, 12:59 AM
Might be late now......

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

highoctane
07-11-2019, 03:37 AM
I havenít been on Wayalife since I sold my Evo built Anvil JK. Sucks to hear about the delays on your LE Gladiator. A Sport showed up at my local dealer with a sticker price of $46k, no mark up. Iím really tempted to get one, but still really want to see the diesel.

notnalc68
07-11-2019, 03:47 AM
This situation is the biggest bunch of suck Iíve seen, in a while.

wayoflife
07-12-2019, 01:05 AM
So, I FINALLY got an update today but only after a LOT of pressure. From what I'm told, our Gladiator is in transit and the estimated unload in Utah is scheduled for the 24th. From there, it should take about a week to get it trucked to Idaho. In other words, we'd most be looking at August before we could take possession of it. :rolleyes2:

With that said, I took a look at their website and saw that they had 2 white Rubicons in transit and one that was essentially an LE but without the official bells and whistles. This was a bit annoying because I had asked him a LONG time ago about ANY white Rubicons they might have coming and at the time, he said they didn't have anything - that mine was ahead of everything. When I asked about what the hell these were, he said they weren't LE's. I NEVER SAID I needed an LE! :rolleyes2:

Long story short, he said that the ones they have in transit may only come in a week or 2 ahead of what I ordered and I told him that every week counts. So, as it stands, we'll be taking whatever comes in first and that may no longer be an LE.

RESURECTIONJK
07-12-2019, 01:14 AM
Eddie I know this sounds a bit outlandish but, any chance theyíd let you take delivery from Utah? If so Iíd help in whatever capacity to help get it to you. Just a thought. Iím happy to help if needed or if possible.

WJCO
07-12-2019, 01:29 AM
So, I FINALLY got an update today but only after a LOT of pressure. From what I'm told, our Gladiator is in transit and the estimated unload in Utah is scheduled for the 24th. From there, it should take about a week to get it trucked to Idaho. In other words, we'd most be looking at August before we could take possession of it. :rolleyes2:

With that said, I took a look at their website and saw that they had 2 white Rubicons in transit and one that was essentially an LE but without the official bells and whistles. This was a bit annoying because I had asked him a LONG time ago about ANY white Rubicons they might have coming and at the time, he said they didn't have anything - that mine was ahead of everything. When I asked about what the hell these were, he said they weren't LE's. I NEVER SAID I needed an LE! :rolleyes2:

Long story short, he said that the ones they have in transit may only come in a week or 2 ahead of what I ordered and I told him that every week counts. So, as it stands, we'll be taking whatever comes in first and that may no longer be an LE.

Geez. What a mess. Hope you see it sooner than later.

Ddays
07-12-2019, 01:34 AM

Isn't Olram a train driver? Doesn't the RR go through 'ol Carson City somewhere? :brows:

OverlanderJK
07-12-2019, 03:00 AM
What a mess.

benatc1
07-12-2019, 03:36 AM
Dang that is crazy, so glad yours wasnt on that train. But either way it sounds super annoying for you guys. I hope something comes through soon!

StewiesJK
07-13-2019, 12:14 AM
Hope yours was not on the train derailment :eek:

robx251
07-13-2019, 02:54 AM
We have a white jt around

Clearly, I don't know the right people at Jeep or maybe more importantly, they couldn't give a shit as to who I am :crazyeyes:330643

We have a few white ones for sale here Eddie.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

OverlanderJK
07-13-2019, 03:02 AM
We have a white jt around330643

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Even better that you live so close to Nevada. In Maine.

RESURECTIONJK
07-13-2019, 04:20 AM
We have a white jt around330643

Aaaaaand how does this help?

piginajeep
07-13-2019, 03:28 PM
So I ordered a day later than you and I might get mine first?

You forgot that part [emoji23]

TrailHunter
07-13-2019, 03:42 PM

wayoflife
07-13-2019, 04:18 PM
So I ordered a day later than you and I might get mine first?

You forgot that part [emoji23]

Yeah, you suck :rolleyes2:

wayoflife
07-13-2019, 04:25 PM
So here's the latest. As of now, the LE we ordered is definitely scheduled to come into Utah on the 24th or there about. From there, it can take up to a week or so to get it trucked to the dealership. In other words, we'd most likely be able to take possession of it by the first week of August.

However, I made a few calls and found that the other Rubicon, the one that shows up on the dealer website as being "in transit" had already arrived in Utah back on the 9th and was just waiting on a truck to deliver it. From what I'm told, it "should" get delivered any day now. Needless to say, IF it does, we'll be making a trip up to Idaho very soon.

:fingerscrossed:

notnalc68
07-13-2019, 04:35 PM
So here's the latest. As of now, the LE we ordered is definitely scheduled to come into Utah on the 24th or there about. From there, it can take up to a week or so to get it trucked to the dealership. In other words, we'd most likely be able to take possession of it by the first week of August.

However, I made a few calls and found that the other Rubicon, the one that shows up on the dealer website as being "in transit" had already arrived in Utah back on the 9th and was just waiting on a truck to deliver it. From what I'm told, it "should" get delivered any day now. Needless to say, IF it does, we'll be making a trip up to Idaho very soon.

Good luck! [emoji1303]

Dale72
07-13-2019, 04:38 PM

:fingerscrossed:Hopefully you will get it before then

wayoflife
07-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Thanks guys. :cool:

TrailHunter
07-13-2019, 04:59 PM
Hope Luck is on your side.... Can't wait to see it.

jdofmemi
07-13-2019, 08:32 PM

Good luck, whichever you end up with.

I do think that if you get the regular one to get it a couple of weeks earlier than the LE, you will kick yourself down the road for not getting the LE.

I also suspect there are reasons why the time is more valuable to you, at this moment, than the exclusivity of the LE, but will that still be true looking back in a few years?

I would love the LE, and would gladly get in line for yours, but my timing is not right.

I'm hoping to be able to get a diesel powered on in a year or two.

Brute
07-13-2019, 08:44 PM
Nothing worse than spending money on something promised, only to have to wait an inordinate amount of time to realize your purchase...but it will be sweet when it come to fruition...

WJCO
07-13-2019, 08:47 PM
Hope you get it asap.

jesse3638
07-13-2019, 09:34 PM

I do think that if you get the regular one to get it a couple of weeks earlier than the LE, you will kick yourself down the road for not getting the LE.

I also suspect there are reasons why the time is more valuable to you, at this moment, than the exclusivity of the LE, but will that still be true looking back in a few years?

I would love the LE, and would gladly get in line for yours, but my timing is not right.

I'm hoping to be able to get a diesel powered on in a year or two.I agree. I do understand the need to get it sooner rather than later, but what's a week or two when you've waited this long. Having the LE would be pretty cool.

When I was looking to get my jeep I almost did a dealer trade in CO because I couldn't find what I wanted locally. Would have shown up with 800+ miles on it. That's when I said why the hurry, you already waited. Just wait for ordering to open and get what you want. I got exactly what I wanted and it had 6 miles on it.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

OverlanderJK
07-13-2019, 09:37 PM

I agree. I do understand the need to get it sooner rather than later, but what's a week or two when you've waited this long. Having the LE would be pretty cool.

When I was looking to get my jeep I almost did a dealer trade in CO because I couldn't find what I wanted locally. Would have shown up with 800+ miles on it. That's when I said why the hurry, you already waited. Just wait for ordering to open and get what you want. I got exactly what I wanted and it had 6 miles on it.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

What makes the LE so special? The fact that it has the same 4019 number as ever other LE or the fact that is doesnít come with a soft top and is more expensive than the loaded Rubicon?

jesse3638
07-13-2019, 09:42 PM
What makes the LE so special? The fact that it has the same 4019 number as ever other LE or the fact that is doesnít come with a soft top and is more expensive than the loaded Rubicon?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)Just the fact that it is a limited number and comes with the badging is kinda cool. May not matter or be for everyone though. I'd have had the same thought process as Eddie had though that they arrive well before the rest of the fleet, not after. Does the Rubicon come with dual tops? Haven't really looked into the JT's much.

briand
07-13-2019, 10:46 PM

Hope you get that call sooner than later. Itís been a long wait for your new JT. Canít wait to see what you do with it when you get it.

OverlanderJK
07-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Just the fact that it is a limited number and comes with the badging is kinda cool. May not matter or be for everyone though. I'd have had the same thought process as Eddie had though that they arrive well before the rest of the fleet, not after. Does the Rubicon come with dual tops? Haven't really looked into the JT's much.

You can order it that way, and for cheaper.

jesse3638
07-13-2019, 11:07 PM
Ahhh OK. Wasn't sure if they packaged it like they did the early Rubicon's. Where you got both tops when you bought a Rubi, or at least I think I remember it was that way.

piginajeep
07-14-2019, 12:25 AM
Ahhh OK. Wasn't sure if they packaged it like they did the early Rubicon's. Where you got both tops when you bought a Rubi, or at least I think I remember it was that way.

The LE does not come with dual tops. Thatís the only option it doesnít have. [emoji849]

Sharkey
07-14-2019, 01:20 AM

Donít hold your breath too long. The Chrysler rep just told my dealer last week that they are getting rid of the diesel from all Jeeps. Could be bullshit but my guy seemed pretty confident.

wayoflife
07-14-2019, 01:45 PM
Hope Luck is on your side.... Can't wait to see it.

LOL - luck never seems to be on our side when it comes to things like this but I can still hope.

While I would have loved to get an LE, it was never something that I needed. In fact, I was able to get a list of white Rubicons coming into dealerships right from the get go and it was my hope that I could have just bought one of them. Unfortunately, they were all sold or the dealership wanted a crazy amount above MSRP for them. I ordered an LE only because I was under the silly impression that I would be able to get one sooner. What a joke that turned out to be. Needless to say, I'll be just fine with whatever I can get my hands on.

Nothing worse than spending money on something promised, only to have to wait an inordinate amount of time to realize your purchase...but it will be sweet when it come to fruition...

The worst part was that the $1k deposit made it hard for me to look around at other options that I knew were coming up. It made me just stick it out and with the hopes that my Gladiator would come in soon. What really sucked was that everyone and their mother started getting theirs and weeks ago! Hell, even Chris ordered his after me and from the same dealer/salesman and his already came in!! If I wait for my LE, it'll be August before I see it. :rolleyes2:

Hope you get it asap.

One can hope.

I agree. I do understand the need to get it sooner rather than later, but what's a week or two when you've waited this long. Having the LE would be pretty cool.

While it would be nice to have an LE, it's never been something I absolutely had to have.

wayoflife
07-14-2019, 01:59 PM
Hope you get that call sooner than later. Itís been a long wait for your new JT. Canít wait to see what you do with it when you get it.

It's been a hell of a long wait and one that I can't say was worth it. I could have had one in hand already had I not gone the LE route.

Donít hold your breath too long. The Chrysler rep just told my dealer last week that they are getting rid of the diesel from all Jeeps. Could be bullshit but my guy seemed pretty confident.

I'm gonna have to call BS on what you were told. I'm quite sure that the JL will be getting a diesel this fall.

Exodus Jeeps
07-14-2019, 02:01 PM

It wouldnít surprise me. I have zero fascination with having a diesel Jeep, and the people that seem to think it would be awesome havenít seen the price tag yet. I donít thing Jeep would sell enough to make it worth their while to build them.

jesse3638
07-14-2019, 08:06 PM
I'm gonna have to call BS on what you were told. I'm quite sure that the JL will be getting a diesel this fall.

I did find an article from the end of 2018 that said FCA will be going away from diesel in sedans and crossovers by 2022. Some exclusions were the RAM and SUV's. The JL was even sighted as being equipped with a diesel engine. A lot of this was driven by the European market and the lack of interest or want for them over there. I'll see if I can find the article.

Abntroop
07-14-2019, 08:32 PM
I did find an article from the end of 2018 that said FCA will be going away from diesel in sedans and crossovers by 2022. Some exclusions were the RAM and SUV's. The JL was even sighted as being equipped with a diesel engine. A lot of this was driven by the European market and the lack of interest or want for them over there. I'll see if I can find the article.

Which is dumb as the overwhelming majority of vehicles on the roads in Europe are diesel.

Typed on my iPhone with my Jimmy Dean sausage fingers

jesse3638
07-14-2019, 09:04 PM
Which is dumb as the overwhelming majority of vehicles on the roads in Europe are diesel.

Yes due to the cost of gasoline being so much higher. However pollution is outweighing the cost and therefore requiring change. CA must have gotten a hold of someone high up over there...haha.

wayoflife
07-16-2019, 02:46 PM
107 days and counting. Still nothing :rolleyes2:

Bear_JKU
07-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Not cool on Jeeps part.

pop2tu
07-16-2019, 09:37 PM
After reading through this, I think you should name your new JT, Justin Time because I think it will get there just in time of you losing all your patience.

Abntroop
07-16-2019, 11:19 PM
We should go wheeling tomorrow to get your mind off it. [emoji16]

Snboarder113
07-17-2019, 02:46 AM
Whatís the plans for it that have you stressed for time? Going to sema ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 02:52 AM
So, Peterson Jeep in Idaho is who we ordered our Gladiator from and mainly because of all the rave reviews we've heard about them. Unfortunately, I kinda feel like they've been dicking us around. In spite of the fact that we placed our order before a friend of ours, his came in last week and ours is nowhere in site. In spite of the fact that I had previously asked if they had anything else coming in, they have told me no. In spite of the fact that I have specifically asked about a Rubicon that they had on their website showing up as being in transit and if we could buy that one instead and they said yes, they are still saying it hasn't come in. Well, I just talked to a friend of mine at FCA and he verified that it did in fact come in YESTERDAY at 11:31 AM. In other words, Peterson Jeep in Idaho is full of shit. Unfortunately, they still have my $1000 deposit so I'm not sure what to do now. This whole thing is such bullshit.

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 02:54 AM
Between this bullshit and their making you finance through them for 6 months and with a higher percentage rate, I'm really starting to feel like we've made a BIG mistake going with Peterson Jeep in Idaho.

longarmwj
07-17-2019, 02:55 AM
Making you finance for 6 months with them?? What kind of policy is that??? I never saw any policy like that in any dealership I worked at. Thatís a crop of shit

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 02:57 AM
Making you finance for 6 months with them?? What kind of policy is that??? I never saw any policy like that in any dealership I worked at. Thatís a crop of shit

Yup. They give you a screaming deal but then make you finance with them for 6 months and at a higher rate than you would otherwise get. They say that all you need to do is refi afterward but of course, you NEED to refi and of course, during that 6 months, you're just paying interest.

OverlanderJK
07-17-2019, 02:57 AM
So your LE came in or the rubicon came in?

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 03:01 AM
So your LE came in or the rubicon came in?

The other Rubicon they show on their website came in. I specifically asked about it and Kent, my dealer flat out said it didnít come in. Clearly someone is full of shit.

OverlanderJK
07-17-2019, 03:03 AM
The other Rubicon they show on their website came in. I specifically asked about it and Kent, my dealer flat out said it didnít come in. Clearly someone is full of shit.

Fuck him. That sucks big time. Iím starting to feel bad for you. I didnít for a long time cause I was jealous but this is bs.

Jaybird 11
07-17-2019, 03:12 AM

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)Man this is some bullshit! Toyota did the same thing to my dad a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

TrailHunter
07-17-2019, 03:14 AM
I'd tell that dealership to get F'd and demand my deposit back. They probably got some sucker to pay more for it and kicked your deal to the curb... No loyalty there.

OverlanderJK
07-17-2019, 03:18 AM
They show three white rubicons on their website.

TrailHunter
07-17-2019, 03:32 AM

You should try to buy one with the same deal Eddie made and see what happens.

RESURECTIONJK
07-17-2019, 03:33 AM
Sounds like someone needs to go punch your salesman in the asshole

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 03:38 AM
Fuck him. That sucks big time. Iím starting to feel bad for you. I didnít for a long time cause I was jealous but this is bs.

Man, I've tried being patient, tried not to bug the shit out of him and tried being polite. This is the shit I get for it.

I'd tell that dealership to get F'd and demand my deposit back. They probably got some sucker to pay more for it and kicked your deal to the curb... No loyalty there.

Honestly, I couldn't begin to guess what really happened but I can tell you that someone I KNOW PERSONALLY is getting his before me and he placed his order after me. Of course, I'm not faulting him at all but it sure puts into question what Peterson is up to.

Yeah, I looked as well and all of them show as being "in transit". Even Kent said that the Rubicon I asked about by VIN arrived in Utah on the 9th. My friend at FCA verified as much. So, who's telling the truth now?

USMC Wrangler
07-17-2019, 03:50 AM
Between this bullshit and their making you finance through them for 6 months and with a higher percentage rate, I'm really starting to feel like we've made a BIG mistake going with Peterson Jeep in Idaho.

So is there a prepayment penalty if you refi before the 6 months? I ask because we recently went through the same with Bill Luke Santan near Phoenix.

We recently traded my wifeís Explorer for an Expedition and they told us the 6 months thing as well. I asked the finance manager if there was a prepayment penalty, which she said ďnoĒ and showed it to me in the finance contract. I left there late Friday night with the Expedition we wanted and did a refi as soon as they gave me my new loan account number a few weeks later. No penalties whatsoever.

Edit: I guess it doesnít matter right now since they are dicking you around. Something to possibly clarify though. We saved almost 5% in interest by using my credit union vs Wells Fargo Auto.

cboggs
07-17-2019, 03:53 AM
Check out Dave Smith in Idaho, they are usually the cheapest to buy from and they have white sports and Rubicons. They show a Rubicon fully loaded for less than 55k. Also hear they will fly you out to pick it up!

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 03:58 AM
You should try to buy one with the same deal Eddie made and see what happens.

You mean because this is in Idaho?

So is there a prepayment penalty if you refi before the 6 months? I ask because we recently went through the same with Bill Luke Santan near Phoenix.

We recently traded my wifeís Explorer for an Expedition and they told us the 6 months thing as well. I asked the finance manager if there was a prepayment penalty, which she said ďnoĒ and showed it to me in the finance contract. I left there late Friday night with the Expedition we wanted and did a refi as soon as they gave me my new loan account number a few weeks later. No penalties whatsoever.

Edit: I guess it doesnít matter right now since they are dicking you around. Something to possibly clarify though. We saved almost 5% in interest by using my credit union vs Wells Fargo Auto.

Thanks for the heads up. IF this thing pans out, I'll be sure to ask about that. At the moment, I'm still out a grand and have no Gladiator in sight. :rolleyes2:

Check out Dave Smith in Idaho, they are usually the cheapest to buy from and they have white sports and Rubicons.

Would love to and had thought about it multiple times. Unfortunately, Peterson in Idaho has my $1k deposit and so unless I'm willing to loose it, I'm kind of stuck waiting on them to decide if they want to sell me something.

rubiDave
07-17-2019, 04:06 AM
Between this bullshit and their making you finance through them for 6 months and with a higher percentage rate, I'm really starting to feel like we've made a BIG mistake going with Peterson Jeep in Idaho.HB Jeep of Idaho. Fuckers.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

danford.lau
07-17-2019, 04:08 AM
Yes due to the cost of gasoline being so much higher. However pollution is outweighing the cost and therefore requiring change. CA must have gotten a hold of someone high up over there...haha.

Regulations and fines for missing emissions regulations in your sold vehicle fleets are going to be imposed on many of the OEMs . Fiat Chrysler is on track to pay a 500M to 1B fine .. VW is the only OEM doing worse and is projected to be fined over 1.3B . Wouldnít be surprised if diesels donít make it into the Jeeps

Sharkey
07-17-2019, 04:10 AM
Total bullshit. Dealers canít be trusted, plain and simple.

cboggs
07-17-2019, 04:10 AM
Guess that depends on how good a deal they're giving you. Might be worth giving up that deposit for all the crap your going through and about to go through, especially if the price at Smith is cheaper. Peterson almost makes me think they'll be changing the deal on you.

USMC Wrangler
07-17-2019, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up. IF this thing pans out, I'll be sure to ask about that. At the moment, I'm still out a grand and have no Gladiator in sight. :rolleyes2:

Glad to help. I really hope you donít lose your deposit and you have YOUR Gladiator ASAP!

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 04:19 AM
Total bullshit. Dealers canít be trusted, plain and simple.

Honestly, I had a great experience buying through Carson Jeep. I'm kind of kicking myself for not using them again.

Guess that depends on how good a deal they're giving you. Might be worth giving up that deposit for all the crap your going through and about to go through, especially if the price at Smith is cheaper. Peterson almost makes me think they'll be changing the deal on you.

Do they make you finance through them like Peterson's does too?

Glad to help. I really hope you donít lose your deposit and you have YOUR Gladiator ASAP!

You and me both.

cboggs
07-17-2019, 04:28 AM
No, they just have normal financing like every other dealership. They are the #1 volume dealer in all the US, that's why they sell them cheaper then everyone else.

WJCO
07-17-2019, 04:35 AM
No, they just have normal financing like every other dealership. They are the #1 volume dealer in all the US, that's why they sell them cheaper then everyone else.

Just curious, Have you or someone you know worked personally with them in the past? Just trying to verify personal experience.

cboggs
07-17-2019, 04:45 AM
I've had friends and family buy from them, they are only 4 hours away from here. All good experiences. My uncle bought his red gladiator rubicon recently from there. They have cars everywhere in about 3 different towns in Kellog holding their inventory, its kinda funny when you drive through there!

WJCO
07-17-2019, 04:55 AM
I've had friends and family buy from them, they are only 4 hours away from here. All good experiences. My uncle bought his red gladiator rubicon recently from there. They have cars everywhere in about 3 different towns in Kellog holding their inventory, its kinda funny when you drive through there!

Good to hear. Thanks.

duktrx
07-17-2019, 05:05 AM
Just curious, Have you or someone you know worked personally with them in the past? Just trying to verify personal experience.My parents had a bad situation turn out very positive with Dave Smith.

They bought a Ram 2500 Cummins online, when they showed up to pick up the truck it had been delivered via transport truck to the wrong customer, the VIN and stock #'s got mixed up. Dave Smith offered them a different truck, my parents thought it was a bait and switch; Nope, they received a fully loaded truck way more than what they ordered, for the same price.

They financed through their credit union.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Sharkey
07-17-2019, 05:13 AM
My local dealer beat Dave Smith when I ordered my 2015, and that was without having to fly hundreds of miles away.

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 02:19 PM
So, late last night, I FINALLY got an email from Kent. Far from being later on in the morning like he promised but better late than never, right? Wrong. In spite of what my friend at FCA told me, Kent is now saying that the other Rubicon I was wanting actually showed up "yesterday morning" and not on Monday as I was told. Also, Kent is now telling me that it actually arrived "damage", that the "passenger side mirror doesn't move" and he can't sell it to me like that. :naw:

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 02:24 PM
So here's another thing that might be worth noting. Everything I've been told regarding my VIN from my friend at FCA or by Kent at Peterson has been accurate since day one. I did a check of my friend's VIN, the one who ordered from Peterson in Idaho as well and AFTER me and I'm being told by FCA that it's still in Toledo!! >:(

RESURECTIONJK
07-17-2019, 02:48 PM
So here's another thing that might be worth noting. Everything I've been told regarding my VIN from my friend at FCA or by Kent at Peterson has been accurate since day one. I did a check of my friend's VIN, the one who ordered from Peterson in Idaho as well and AFTER me and I'm being told by FCA that it's still in Toledo!! >:(

Jesus... May be worth taking that $1000 hit if you can find one somewhere else. Iím happy to take a look here in salt at what our stealerships have.

Torrin
07-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Since you have had your VIN and can track it with FCA, it really can't be a dealer issue, since they can't influence manufacture dates and delivery. I know this sucks, I had a similar issue with Ford last year and the information from the dealer and Ford was often in conflict and mostly wrong. Deep breaths is about all you got unless you can work out with the dealer a deposit "refund" to buy another JT from them.

RESURECTIONJK
07-17-2019, 03:21 PM
Since you have had your VIN and can track it with FCA, it really can't be a dealer issue, since they can't influence manufacture dates and delivery. I know this sucks, I had a similar issue with Ford last year and the information from the dealer and Ford was often in conflict and mostly wrong. Deep breaths is about all you got unless you can work out with the dealer a deposit "refund" to buy another JT from them.

It becomes a dealer issue when the dealer isnít straight forward and transparent. Sure, maybe you can point the finger at the manufacturer for not getting it built and shipped in a timely manner, but ALL of the dicking around falls on the morons at the dealership heís trying to work with.

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 03:25 PM
Jesus... May be worth taking that $1000 hit if you can find one somewhere else. Iím happy to take a look here in salt at what our stealerships have.

Believe me, I'm looking.

Not blaming Peterson for my Launch Edition not being in yet. I am however questioning them about the other Rubicon they have and I've asked to buy instead. FCA is telling me it came into their dealership on Monday morning. I was told yesterday that it never came in. Under pressure, I was told late last night that it came in yesterday (Tuesday) but is damaged. I am also questioning how my friend got pics of his Launch Edition at Peterson on Saturday even though he placed his order AFTER me and his VIN shows it should still be in Toledo. I want to see a pic of the VIN that is on the LE at Peterson.

Andy5160
07-17-2019, 03:52 PM
Believe me, I'm looking.

Not blaming Peterson for my Launch Edition not being in yet. I am however questioning them about the other Rubicon they have and I've asked to buy instead. FCA is telling me it came into their dealership on Monday morning. I was told yesterday that it never came in. Under pressure, I was told late last night that it came in yesterday (Tuesday) but is damaged. I am also questioning how my friend got pics of his Launch Edition at Peterson on Saturday even though he placed his order AFTER me and his VIN shows it should still be in Toledo. I want to see a pic of the VIN that is on the LE at Peterson.

Did you talk to someone higher then your sales guy at the dealership? Might worth a shot
Also there is white Rubicon JT at Carson dealer yeah some salt on the open wound

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 04:28 PM
Did you talk to someone higher then your sales guy at the dealership? Might worth a shot
Also there is white Rubicon JT at Carson dealer yeah some salt on the open wound

Trying to do that now.

Yeah, been eyeing that one but it doesn't have the bare minimums of what we want. They have an Overland as well that's closer and we're considering it as well.

longarmwj
07-17-2019, 04:40 PM
My local dealership have a couple of white overlands as well. I have connections there also..

RESURECTIONJK
07-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Eddie, Doug Smith in American fork Utah also has a few white overlands and sportS models as well.

RESURECTIONJK
07-17-2019, 06:41 PM
Not sure of all the options you guys are wanting but this has some good ones by what I can see. VIN# and stock # should be visible in this screen shot. Hope this helps.

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 07:15 PM
Okay, looks like I'm finally getting somewhere. Spoke with Elton, the GM at Peterson and he cleared things up a bit. Turns out that the Rubicon I was asking about DID in fact show up on Monday just like I was told by FCA. Turns out it's NOT damaged as I was told by Kent and that it was originally sold to someone else. Elton spoke to the other customer and he agreed to let me have this Rubicon and he would buy my LE when it comes in.

Elton is going to physically verify that the Rubicon is ready to go and I should be getting a call back soon. Assuming all is good, we'll be heading out to Idaho and picking it up tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:

USMC Wrangler
07-17-2019, 07:22 PM
Okay, looks like I'm finally getting somewhere. Spoke with Elton, the GM at Peterson and he cleared things up a bit. Turns out that the Rubicon I was asking about DID in fact show up on Monday just like I was told by FCA. Turns out it's NOT damaged as I was told by Kent and that it was originally sold to someone else. Elton spoke to the other customer and he agreed to let me have this Rubicon and he would buy my LE when it comes in.

Elton is going to physically verify that the Rubicon is ready to go and I should be getting a call back soon. Assuming all is good, we'll be heading out to Idaho and picking it up tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:

Oh man! That is great sounding and I hope it works out. Donít forget to ask and verify about the prepayment penalty. [emoji6]

WJCO
07-17-2019, 07:24 PM

Wow. I hope all goes smoothly from here. :thumb:

wjtstudios
07-17-2019, 07:25 PM
Thatís positive! Hopefully this all works out for you guys. Itís been a tough road.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 07:53 PM
Oh man! That is great sounding and I hope it works out. Donít forget to ask and verify about the prepayment penalty. [emoji6]

Okay, so it looks like I am only allowed to put a $10k down and when I asked about the pre-payment penalty, I was told there would be none on me but they would take a hit. Gonna have to verify as much but if that's true, I can deal with that.

Wow. I hope all goes smoothly from here. :thumb:

Things are going much smoother now but I have to say, I'm getting a bit more annoyed the more I find how I've been getting the raw end of the stick. Elton was talking to me like I already filled out finance forms and should know about rates. I explained that nobody from finance ever contacted me. He seemed surprised by this. :rolleyes2:

Thatís positive! Hopefully this all works out for you guys. Itís been a tough road.

Thanks. Looking more and more like we'll be making a drive up north this evening.

TOPLESS
07-17-2019, 08:04 PM
Donít these people understand how many people are waiting for all your videos with this beast!! Lol

wayoflife
07-17-2019, 08:13 PM
Donít these people understand how many people are waiting for all your videos with this beast!! Lol

LOL!! I don't know that they even care. :crazyeyes:

Ddays
07-17-2019, 08:25 PM
The sad reality is that nowadays these sales people are not car people or enthusiasts. Sure, there are exceptions, but they're rare. They only care about making the immediate sale and moving on. They really don't have any concern regarding the emotional ties to these purchases that a lot of us have. "Eddies Jeep isn't in yet, so why do I need to be bothered?" is what that guy's thinking.

If you really want to make a point with these guys, give them a negative review after the purchase when FCA sends you the survey email. They are graded on these and get really pissed when they get a bad one. My buddy bought a JL last year and when he picked it up it wasn't cleaned inside and had smudges on the paint from the mechanic's dirty hands. He gave a negative review. A couple days later the owner (I know him - he's a little bit of a hothead) called him and bitched him out because of the bad review. Sometimes that's the only way to get through to these folks

Torrin
07-17-2019, 08:46 PM
Good luck man, I hope this deal works out. I am looking forward to seeing how you build it. I am considering dumping my Raptor next year for a JT and will need good ideas. :)

Labricon
07-17-2019, 08:46 PM
If he had gotten through to the owner of the dealership the staff would have received the bitching out and your buddy would have gotten a free detailing or oil change to keep a customer.

But I agree. The reviews (Likes) are all anyone cares about now

TrailHunter
07-17-2019, 11:32 PM
Bummer you have to go through all this to get what was originally agreed upon. It can really get you down on a process that should be fun. I Guess Thats Why they Call it the Blues.... He better get this shit sorted... or this deal is going to blow away like a Candle in the Wind....

and who knew Elton was so into Jeeps..

Brute
07-17-2019, 11:47 PM
Bummer you have to go through all this to get what was originally agreed upon. It can really get you down on a process that should be fun. I Guess Thats Why they Call it the Blues.... He better get this shit sorted... or this deal is going to blow away like a Candle in the Wind....

that was a reach...

Brute
07-17-2019, 11:49 PM
Hope you have a great road trip up to ID...and everything works out to your satisfaction. I'm getting more jaded as I get older on dealing with auto dealerships...almost rather push a nail through my hand...

TrailHunter
07-17-2019, 11:56 PM
that was a reach...

No Doubt... lol

WJCO
07-18-2019, 01:47 AM

At least he's still standing.

Andy5160
07-18-2019, 02:13 AM
I am glad you talked to GM. Sometimes it is all you need to get things moving [emoji106][emoji106]

TrailHunter
07-18-2019, 02:14 AM
At least he's still standing.

For now... until the Bitch is Back.

Jsouder53
07-18-2019, 02:59 AM
Hopefully it works out well for you! Safe travels when you go to pick it up!

CarsonCindy
07-18-2019, 03:05 AM
On our way!

Abntroop
07-18-2019, 03:07 AM
On our way!

Safe travels you two!

Matthew
16í JK Rubicon HR - Wampa

Jsouder53
07-18-2019, 03:14 AM
On our way!

Any chance for a detour on your way back to hit a trail in Montana? :crazyeyes:

WJCO
07-18-2019, 03:16 AM
Nice! Can't wait to see it.

doubletapdaddy
07-18-2019, 03:24 AM
On our way!

Awesome! Very excited. 🍻

OverlanderJK
07-18-2019, 03:31 AM
On our way!

Sweet! Let me know where we are wheeling this weekend. :thumb:

CarsonCindy
07-18-2019, 04:11 AM
Had to stop to take in another beautiful Northern Nevada sunset!

RESURECTIONJK
07-18-2019, 04:13 AM
So the real question is, who gets to drive the JT home?

USMC Wrangler
07-18-2019, 04:18 AM
On our way!

Great news! Safe travels!

TrailHunter
07-18-2019, 04:19 AM
So the real question is, who gets to drive the JT home?

Well it has a 5ft Bed, so if he doesnít let her Drive it... heíll be sleeping in it.

benatc1
07-18-2019, 05:31 AM
Awesome news! Super excited for you guys! Safe travels and can't wait to check this thing out

pop2tu
07-18-2019, 08:57 AM
Great news. Have a safe trip. Canít wait to see it. And it sounds like you got ahold of the GM Justin Time!

jorgelrod
07-18-2019, 12:27 PM
So happy for you guys, can't wait for the pics!!!

cozdude
07-18-2019, 01:22 PM
Safe travels guys!!! Super excited for you to finally get your gladiator!

sipafz
07-18-2019, 05:32 PM
If you really want to make a point with these guys, give them a negative review after the purchase when FCA sends you the survey email. They are graded on these and get really pissed when they get a bad one. My buddy bought a JL last year and when he picked it up it wasn't cleaned inside and had smudges on the paint from the mechanic's dirty hands. He gave a negative review. A couple days later the owner (I know him - he's a little bit of a hothead) called him and bitched him out because of the bad review. Sometimes that's the only way to get through to these folks

This is so true! Had some warranty work done and the service manager was less than friendly and they botched the repair so it had to go back. When I got the survey I gave them a honest review. It wasnít terrible, but it wasnít perfect either. It didnít take long to hear from that service manager wanting to know why they didnít get a perfect score. I was offered all kinds of perks to give a second, perfect survey.

WJCO
07-18-2019, 07:53 PM

notnalc68
07-18-2019, 07:59 PM

Lol! Right?
https://media1.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d30cfb3736b65376b12a1b8&rid=giphy.gif

TrailHunter
07-18-2019, 08:11 PM
^^^ Yeah...Donít go breaking our Hearts! All good?