Wheel/Tire size question

vasquez27

I’m looking to upgrade my wheels this summer in my 2017 JKU sport S. I’m looking to get a 17x9 wheel and trying to figure out backspacing. I’d like my wheels to pop out a little bit, so I’m thinking maybe 4.5 or 4.25 backspacing. Would I be able to fit a 12.5in tire on either of those? Looking to get BF Goodrich KO2s. I’m hoping to find a good black 8 hole wheel

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SLO

If you just want the wheels to pop out a bit for looks, 4.5 or 4.25 would work with 12.5” tires. Are you lifting it and planning to take offroad?

bigmase33

Realistically you could the wheel you want in that size and if you want more stance you could just add wheel spacers if you want more “pop”. Also you could trim your stock fenders or install narrow after market ones to create the illusion that your wheels “pop” more.

rubiDave

JJ151

I ran 315x70r17 on a 5.31” backspace wheel with stock axles with no rubbing on suspension components. Even had a separate set of the same backspace wheel with 37x12.50’s with only minor frame rub in the front. Can’t imagine you would have any problem with a 4.75 backspace wheel. Depending on tire size you select along with wheel backspace it will impact required lift height needed though.

Top Bottom