First dumb question: measuring JK height

64Chevy

First of all, thank you all for having me on the forum.

I have a more complicated question, but I am trying to sort out the actual lift height that I have on my Jeep before asking that question. I have searched and found the diagram that shows measuring either shock bolt->bottom of shock tower or top of coil spring perch->back edge of spring tower is the best way to determine "lift". The quoted dimensions on the diagram for a stock Jeep I found are 18 1/2" for the first and 9 3/8" for the second.

So, dumb question number one regarding these measurements:
- same for front and rear?
- same for JK vs JKU?
- same for non-Rubi vs Rubi?

I have a 2015 JKUR

Thank you!

64Chevy

More Info

The backstory is that I have a 1.5" Teraflex coil spring leveling lift. When I installed it I netted almost two inches (I was measuring from the ground to fixed points on the body--of course, that was 4 years ago, so I have no clue what those numbers were), but that gain was before armor, side steps/skids, winch, recovery gear, etc. etc. I seem to be scrapping more than I think I should (33's for tires, though on my rig and worn they are about 31.25" in diameter) so I measured my rig as it currently sits, using some numbers I found on the web, and it is sitting about stock. I'd like to confirm that with better measurements.

The actual question is I'd like about 2" of lift, so I was wondering (once I confirm where I am) if I could just add 1.75" or 2" coil spacers and be good to go (I have the appropriate shocks and bumpstops for the 2" of lift I had before all the weight was added). I'd be okay with new coils, but I'd be guessing what exactly I need.

As another issue, my current Duratracs are toast. I'd like to come up with a tire that is something like a true 33" on the rig--I think a 35" is going to hurt my power too much, and I don't want to re-gear (the issue isn't on the trail, the issue is mountain passes getting to trails).

JKbrick

Just my opinion but about the only way to get exactly 2” of lift without guessing would be spacers, not springs. Springs never seem to lift what they say. Also there is a thread for true tire sizes here that may be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

64Chevy

Just my opinion but about the only way to get exactly 2” of lift without guessing would be spacers, not springs. Springs never seem to lift what they say. Also there is a thread for true tire sizes here that may be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks JKbrick. I did some searches, but I haven't yet located the "true tire size thread". Do you have any search hints for me?

64Chevy

Use Google. https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=35075

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I found rear height measurement diagrams for the JK Rubi. The diagram on this site gives stock JK dimensions, but it doesn't say for which version.

So I measured. My front is about 1 1/4" inches higher than stock (makes sense, as I have a leveling lift in). My rear is about 1/4" lower than stock. So I clearly have some work to do, but I am going to start a new thread about that.

Top Bottom