Basic "how lifts are measured" question

64Chevy

Hi again. As I stated in another thread, I have a Teraflex coil leveling lift that was supposed to get me 1.5" of "lift" and level out the suspension. I've compared suspension measurements found online with my JKUR, and I am 1 1/4" higher than stock in the front, and 1/4" lower than stock in the rear.

Here's my question, which has two parts. When a company like Teraflex sells a 2.5" lift kit but doesn't list it as a "leveling lift" does the mean you'd expect about 2.5" of lift in both the front and rear? (I understand that many lift kits commonly yield more lift than stated--the question isn't about the exact amount of lift, but whether you'd expect an equal amount of lift front and rear.).

Since I already have about 1 1/4" of lift in the front, I'm assuming I can add only about another 1 1/4" inches before I start running into the need for suspension correction items?

Lastly, since I am below stock in the back I'm guessing I can go up about 2.5" in the rear?

So do this sound like a reasonable plan? I'd like to add 1" spacers in the front, and 1.5" spacers in the rear.

Sorry for the seeming serious of dumb questions. I'm just trying to get some clearance for bigger tires, keep my rig mostly level (it is slightly nose high right now), and stay on the side of things where I'm not adding a lot of new suspension items. But if I'm off base please educate me.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Sounds like you are looking for a basic budget boost (EVO) or a 2” spring lift (Rancho)... trim your fenders, and run a smaller 35” tire like a bfg or a 315 Cooper. Or just install the tires you want, flex it out, then start adding spacers, bump stop or fender trim until you don’t rub. Either way, I’d start with the whee/tire, then work backwards. Just measuring fender gap while sitting flat isn’t accurate... when you flex, one side of the axle drops and the other raises, but it’s at an angle so the tire will reach higher than you think. Wheel offset will also change things.

jorgelrod

Hooked
If I'm not mistaken lifts are measured up front, springs in the rear are usually shorter as most lift kits also eliminate the rake Jeeps have from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom