Excessive driveline play

Gbint

I’ve noticed lately that I hear and feel what seems like too much play in transmission/Tcase when in off gas at low speeds with my 2014 with 6 speed. All seems great underneath when checked out on a hoist. Have about 50 k on this. Normal??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fury22

I’ve noticed lately that I hear and feel what seems like too much play in transmission/Tcase when in off gas at low speeds with my 2014 with 6 speed. All seems great underneath when checked out on a hoist. Have about 50 k on this. Normal??

Pretty sure what you are hearing is normal backlash...it does sound kinda shitty but pretty aure its normal...just try to be smoother with the accelerator and clutch as to not shock load it🤷*♂️

Gbint

I hear ya. But after 50 years of driving manual Jeeps I know I’ve got the smoothness figured out. Seems the newer the model the worse these things get! My other 12 never had backlash issues, just all the other problems [emoji4]

Fury22

I hear ya. But after 50 years of driving manual Jeeps I know I’ve got the smoothness figured out. Seems the newer the model the worse these things get! My other 12 never had backlash issues, just all the other problems [emoji4]

Its not the most gracefull transmission thats for sure haha

Top Bottom