Air bags?

billybob990

it never crossed my mind until today when put a tumbler in a friends car and i had to take the air bag out, what do you all do about your air bags? mine is a DD but soon will be my weekend warrior there are some trails close by that are fun and not difficult by any means but have some moderate parts and one wrong hit and ill be eating a air bag, do you pull the fuse or put in a shut off switch im sure the jk's have a shut off but i dont really know.:munching:

StrizzyChris

I have never heard of airbags deploying from a trail "bump" :thinking: every car i know has a gyrometer or accelerometer to cause the airbag to deploy. A trail bump shouldn't activate this unless the impact was strong enough to deploy it. Thats why they dont deploy on fender benders in every day accidents.

That being said, I've always left mine as it comes from the factory :yup:

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

billybob990

I have never heard of airbags deploying from a trail "bump" :thinking: every car i know has a gyrometer or accelerometer to cause the airbag to deploy. A trail bump shouldn't activate this unless the impact was strong enough to deploy it. Thats why they dont deploy on fender benders in every day accidents.

That being said, I've always left mine as it comes from the factory :yup:

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

i know it takes 25mph in the front end to deploy an air bag but also when your hit by a car your bumper bends and so does theres so i didnt know if hit a rock would set it off since most of the time the rock isnt going to budge lol

billybob990

I'm not in a area with some hard wheeling places so I don't think I have much to worry about

Sent from my ADR6350 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I had a tire from a big rig break off its trailer and from the other side of freeway hit the front of my 2012 ok. Chp said the impact was over a 100mph. Hit the front of jeep just above front bumper push my front end in 24" causing $18,000.00 in damage. My air bags never deployed. They said because it missed the bumper:confused:

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had a tire from a big rig break off its trailer and from the other side of freeway hit the front of my 2012 ok. Chp said the impact was over a 100mph. Hit the front of jeep just above front bumper push my front end in 24" causing $18,000.00 in damage. My air bags never deployed. They said because it missed the bumper:confused:

:eek: was everyone ok?? u have any:photo:?

rtguy1

was he running the teraflex adjustable carrier mount? :shock:

billybob990

Yeah I think ill keep them on lol the crazy thing is I have a friend who has driving on the interstate and a bob cat bucket fell of a semi and plowed his car it was some final destination shit lol it ripped about 60% of his passenger side off

Sent from my ADR6350 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom