OEM Radiator Fan and Radiator?

Alan McDermott

Where are you all sourcing the OEM radiator and radiator fan? I have had no luck finding true Mopar Parts.

My jeep is going to the dealer tomorrow unless I find OEM parts, and I already know they want $715 just for the radiator fan. IT''s probably be another 400 for the radiator and 600 labor. I can't afford that.

2012 Jeep JK

RCVRY

Where are you all sourcing the OEM radiator and radiator fan? I have had no luck finding true Mopar Parts.

My jeep is going to the dealer tomorrow unless I find OEM parts, and I already know they want $715 just for the radiator fan. IT''s probably be another 400 for the radiator and 600 labor. I can't afford that.

2012 Jeep JK

At the gettin’ place. Check the recommended vendors and call Bubba at Exodus Jeeps before you do anything dealer drastic.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Alan McDermott

Its a 2012 like I mentioned in the message.

Im not certain its the fan, but its overheating within 10 minutes, the fan isn't spinning at all, I recently replaced the water pump and thermostat, just replaced the fan fuse and relay, and am going to replace the engine temperature sending unit tonight.

The whole radiator steams immediately after cold start, which seems odd but maybe its still burning off the coolant the leaked from the overflow tank.

Is Dorman an acceptable replacement? Most of them I see don't seem to have the electronic modules in them, and cost around a $100. I have a lead on a Dorman with the controls for about $400. Is it critical for the fan to be Mopar? Ive heard it is for the radiator due to flexing issues with the aluminum ones.

I don't want to spend the money for Jeep to do it, but I hear they are the only ones that can truly diagnose the issue with all the fan controls.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
If you recently took the wires off of the battery terminals, check to make sure you hooked up the fan power wire to the correct terminal. It's a black wire but it goes on the positive terminal. Ask me how I know....:rolleyes2:

Alan McDermott

If you recently took the wires off of the battery terminals, check to make sure you hooked up the fan power wire to the correct terminal. It's a black wire but it goes on the positive terminal. Ask me how I know....:rolleyes2:

I haven't changed the fan wires. but good thought.

mauijim

I replaced my fan in my 2012 jk a few months back and I got it from rockauto and was $400, if it’s the fan motor. I had issues after I replaced mine and was a ground behind the passenger side headlight that was loose.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Alan McDermott

So the dealer "diagnosed" it as a short in the PICM, therefore they couldn't even diagnose the actual problem. They "think" the fan control module died and shorted out the PICM. They can't even disclose the real cooking problem until they replace the PICM for $1800, then if the fan is bad as they "suspect" that's another $1100. If by chance the radiator has a problem I'm sure that's another $1100. I gave them the $150 diagnostic fee and took it home.

Has anyone used a company to repair a PCIM or reprogram an aftermarket PCIM?

Jeep only wants $1100 for the PCIM (basically a circuit board with some logic). That doesn't fly for me. I've owned jeeps my whole life but these newer ones are absurd. German cars are less expensive to have fixed.

At this point I'll never own another jeep.

Top Bottom