Bolts not going all the way in aftermarket diff cover

jorgelrod

Hooked
I bought a Dynatrac diff cover to replace the bent stock one, needless to say it was a PITA to put in, the first time I failed, in my seco d try I was able to put it, but I guess some gasket maker got in the holes and cured while I went to get a new tube of gasket maker as I ran out after the first attempt. These two bolts at the top won't go in past where they are on the pics and I've heard night mare stories of the bolts snapping off. Will I need to take the whole cover off, can I just remove these, try to clean somehow the holes and thread them back? They are the top ones.
IMG_6039.jpg

The rest went in just fine.
IMG_6040.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Are you sure those bolts aren't all the way in? Can't remember on the rear cover but I know on the front cover not all the bolts sink into the lip for a flush fit like that. Some stick out

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
Are you sure those bolts aren't all the way in? Can't remember on the rear cover but I know on the front cover not all the bolts sink into the lip for a flush fit like that. Some stick out

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep, just noticed that when I pulled one out, those two do not sink in...

FIlled it up with oil, time to run it a bit and see if it leaks

Coop

Caught the Bug
If they are the top bolts I doubt if it will leak if there is RTV there and every bolt is torqued to 24 Lbs/ft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Braxtonsag

That’s how they’re supposed to be, I just installed my rear dif cover as well. Same 2 bolts only tighten to the surface

Top Bottom