Skinny Fender Gaskets?

tonytony9

The other day I was gifted some metal skinny fenders, no clue the brand but they were free and actually look great on my JKU. Especially with my new EVO 1/4 front bumper.

My only thought, the metal on metal contact with the body and the fender worries me over time. I am afraid of moisture and water getting trapped between the metal fender and the body of my JKU.

Has anyone created some sort of a gasket for between the fender and the body? I was considering getting some bike tubes and cutting them with some punched screw holes. But open to any suggestions or feedback on my concerns!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If the fenders are easy to take off then why not just spray a few coats of that Plastidip shit on the body and then put the fender on. Wouldn't that be pretty much be the same thing as a gasket and much easier to do?

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If the fenders are easy to take off then why not just spray a few coats of that Plastidip shit on the body and then put the fender on. Wouldn't that be pretty much the same thing as a gasket and much easier to do?

This^^^ plastidip is only $9 a can or so. That will work perfect for what your wanting to do

tonytony9

Plast Dip was by far the easiest way to go about it. Came out great with little effort. And I am that the paint was also protected during installation.

Top Bottom