Socket sizes

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I'm getting ready to swap out my stock rear shaft today with a new 1350 shaft. I want to verify that I have the right size sockets for removing the old yokes and installing the new yokes on the transfer case and pinion. Can anyone confirm the socket size required for the t-case and pinion nuts

2017 JKR Automatic

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I'm getting ready to swap out my stock rear shaft today with a new 1350 shaft. I want to verify that I have the right size sockets for removing the old yokes and installing the new yokes on the transfer case and pinion. Can anyone confirm the socket size required for the t-case and pinion nuts

2017 JKR Automatic

The two big ones

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

1 5/16” is what I used to correct my rear pinion preload. 1 1/4” is what I used on the front t-case yoke when I recently installed a double cardan front shaft. I imagine the rear t-case yoke would be the same but I don’t know for sure.

These socket sizes fit as expected.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
1 5/16” is what I used to correct my rear pinion preload. 1 1/4” is what I used on the front t-case yoke when I recently installed a double cardan front shaft. I imagine the rear t-case yoke would be the same but I don’t know for sure.

These socket sizes fit as expected.
When you did your shaft install do you happen to remember the torq spec for the t-case side? The instructions are giving me 110 ft/lbs but the projectjk torque spec sheet is saying 190-230 ft/lbs for the stock companion flange. Seems strange to me that the companion flange spec is double what the aftermarket yoke spec would be.

Thanks

USMC Wrangler

When you did your shaft install do you happen to remember the torq spec for the t-case side? The instructions are giving me 110 ft/lbs but the projectjk torque spec sheet is saying 190-230 ft/lbs for the stock companion flange. Seems strange to me that the companion flange spec is double what the aftermarket yoke spec would be.

Thanks

I think I still have the instructions from J.E. Reel. I’ll take a look and let you know what theirs says.

USMC Wrangler

Thanks

J.E. Reel shows 110 ft lbs for the t-case yoke as well.

IMG_8175.jpg

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
View attachment 331541

Not trying to argue here guys but I’d hate to see it come loose on you while driving. Adams shows 160ft lbs

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
And this is exactly why I asked the question. I did research it a bunch before I posted and found a pretty wide range of answers. I found anywhere from 110 to 230(although the 230 was for the stock companion flange)

Top Bottom