New wheels and tires: would like some help narrowing choices

64Chevy

Hi all. Decided on my brake upgrades, and listened to the wisdom here and will not be doing Teraflex products.

As part of that I am swapping my 16" wheels for 17" wheels. At this point liking the Method Racing MR 313--this is a new flow formed wheel (stronger, lighter) available in either a +25 or 0 offset. Is 0 the better choice?

Then I want to go with something close to a 35" tire, and because of my state's laws I want a winter severe service rated tire (mountain and snowflake symbol) and I wasn't thrilled with the life I got our of Wrangler Duratracs, so thinking about going with BF Goodrich T/A KO2's.

On a quick search of specs, I could do a LT 315/70R17 (measures 34.4" diameter) or a 35x12.5R17LT (measures 34.5"). Once concern I have is that the "measured rim width" of those two tires is 9.5" and 10", but the Method wheel is a 17x8.5". Does that mean that this rim is too narrow for the tires that I am considering?

Currently have a Teraflex leveling lift--junking that as well and going with either a 2.5" or 3.5" lift--I still have stock fenders and I am not anxious to go flat, but I think I know that I can adjust bump stops to prevent fender rub as needed.

Thanks for your help.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You need to go with the 0 offset. That would be 4.75 inches on an 8.5” wheel. You should be fine with the 35” Duratracs. If you go to larger, wider tires it may not be enough.

8.5” wheels should be fine, as far as your tire width is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1D7BD300-9C3A-4350-9AFD-4EE5A56ED2DE.jpeg
    1D7BD300-9C3A-4350-9AFD-4EE5A56ED2DE.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 95

JJ151

I ran 315x70r17 Duratracs on 17x8.5 AEV wheels with a 5.28” backspace and stock fenders and stock Rubicon axles. My lift height was 4.5” so you will need proper bump stops with a 2.5” lift but should be fine with 3.5” lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom