Hydro Assist impact on Draglink

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Does adding Hydro Assist increase or diminish the load put on your draglink. I would assiume because the steering is assisted at the Tie Rod that there would be less pressure on the Draglink. Any thoughts/experience with this?

fiend

Caught the Bug
Does adding Hydro Assist increase or diminish the load put on your draglink. I would assiume because the steering is assisted at the Tie Rod that there would be less pressure on the Draglink. Any thoughts/experience with this?

Your assumption is correct. It takes some load off the sector shaft, pitman arm, and drag link, and distributes it to the tie rod.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Brain fart... already fixed it.

Ok. Yeah, you do need to have confidence in your track bar bracket if you ram mounts there. I welded a synergy bracket to my PR44 and then welded a couple to tabs to it for the PSC ram. It’s held up well so far. Couple of trips to Moab, Rubicon, Calico, Big Bear, etc etc.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Ok. Yeah, you do need to have confidence in your track bar bracket if you ram mounts there. I welded a synergy bracket to my PR44 and then welded a couple to tabs to it for the PSC ram. It’s held up well so far. Couple of trips to Moab, Rubicon, Calico, Big Bear, etc etc.

So what you're saying is I should probably not go with this bracket?

IMG_1795.jpg

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Lol. One of the reasons I decided to go with the PSC bolt-on bracket.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

LOL. Yeah that bracket comes with the EVO Coilover Kit. I don't think it was intended to be used for the double throwdown. Or at least intended to be used the way I use it. Plus it needs to be welded on correctly. I had another shop weld a few reinforcement beads on it but looks like they didn't do a great job. The bracket itself is untouched. I could probably reuse it.

Top Bottom