Fan doens't work tryed everyhing)

Alan McDermott

Well it continues. I have been try to track down this fan issue for a month now.

The fan wasn't spinning and it was overheating. Tried turning AC on. Nothing. Replaced fan fuse and relay. Same. replaced fan and housing with new Mopar. Nothing. Replaced TIPM, Still nothing. Could it be the fusible link? wiring harness?

Alan

Last edited:

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I would start tracing the wiring. Make sure you have power to the relay, if not go backwards from there until you find power. If so go forward with relay closed until you lose power. Also should probably check connections for broken pins or corrosion.

Alan McDermott

I would start tracing the wiring. Make sure you have power to the relay, if not go backwards from there until you find power. If so go forward with relay closed until you lose power. Also should probably check connections for broken pins or corrosion.

I have power at the fan connector at the fan, so I suspect its a sensor or control wire?

MOTECH

I have power at the fan connector at the fan, so I suspect its a sensor or control wire?

I assume having fusible link means you have a 3.6 engine.

If so there is no relay in the circuit, power and ground to the fan come directly from the battery.

Check for 12V and ground at the large gauge wires in the fan connector?

The small 3rd wire is PWM control, set your meter to frequency and check for 10 Hz. Unplug the AC pressure sensor which will drive the fan to full speed.

If you don't have 10 Hz the problem is on the control side. Could be in the TIPM, fan module, wires or ECM.

Make sure the TIPM is programmed properly with the correct VIN.

The fan module puts out 12V on the signal then the TIPM pulls it to ground. So check the fan module is putting out this 12V reference and the signal wire is not grounded out.

One more thing Jeep had the bad habit of making the fusible link on the positive post for the fan wire black and some guys mistakenly connect It to the ground terminal.

Last edited:

Alan McDermott

I assume having fusible link means you have a 3.6 engine.

If so there is no relay in the circuit, power and ground to the fan come directly from the battery.

Check for 12V and ground at the large gauge wires in the fan connector?

The small 3rd wire is PWM control, set your meter to frequency and check for 10 Hz. Unplug the AC pressure sensor which will drive the fan to full speed.

If you don't have 10 Hz the problem is on the control side. Could be in the TIPM, fan module, wires or ECM.

Make sure the TIPM is programmed properly with the correct VIN.

The fan module puts out 12V on the signal then the TIPM pulls it to ground. So check the fan module is putting out this 12V reference and the signal wire is not grounded out.

One more thing Jeep had the bad habit of making the fusible link on the positive post for the fan wire black and some guys mistakenly connect It to the ground terminal.

It is the 3.6. But there is a relayK11 labeled rad fan lo relay?

Getting 12.7 volts at large wires in connector to fan. Its a new Mopar fan and TIPM from Mak's. I proprammed it with the 12 sec ignition like they recommended. Acts the same as the original TIPM, no issues except fan.

I don't have a meter that detects hz.

Where is AC pressure sensor? Can't you just turn on engine and run AC? That should immediately turn the fan on full right?

The fusible link is connected to positive terminal.

I'm at loss without the right meter and a schematic to know where to test wires.

Top Bottom