JKU Leaning to passenger side after rough trip.

Ajkaz

Good Morning All,

So a few months back out in AZ I took the back way to Crown King and hung up on a 4' ledge preceded by a nice size hole. I took quite a few attempts at getting up, some hard hits and eventually snapped a sway bar link (rubi E disco with aftermarket links) which in turn took out my front passenger side tire side wall while still up on the ledge.

Had to HiLift off the ledge as I was stuck on my trans skid, backed down the obstacle, changed the tire, took the bypass.

Chalked up the uneven ride to the broken link.

Drove back to CA the next day with the broken link, not as bad as i thought it would be, but even from the driver seat the Jeep has a significant lean to the passenger side.

Inspect suspension and undercarriage , order parts, replace both links with dis-connectable links to avoid future issues.

Drive around, hit some speed bumps, Jeep is still leaning terribly.

The rear bumper is about 2" lower on the passenger side & the front is about 2.5" lower...

I had no lean before this trip.....

Before I adjust coilover preload to correct the lean, any ideas on what else I should check?

2012 JKUR Evo Bolt on Coilovers & RK X Factor.

Braxtonsag

All JKs lean to the passenger side to a degree. The fuel tank is on the passenger side. Mine used to be super bad but I just adjusted my endlinks to compensate for it. It is possible that your passenger springs are sagging more by coincidence as well.

Ajkaz

All JKs lean to the passenger side to a degree. The fuel tank is on the passenger side. Mine used to be super bad but I just adjusted my endlinks to compensate for it. It is possible that your passenger springs are sagging more by coincidence as well.

Thanks for the reply, what do you think would make it lean after but not before that wheeling trip?

So your basically pre-loading the sway bar to keep the Jeep Level? How does that impact body roll when turning either direction?

A couple of thoughts, although I'm not certain exactly what setup you're running.

1. Check all your frame and axle mounts for bending, cracking, breaks.
2. Check your coilover springs really well for a broken spring.
3. Has your preload changed? inspect
4. Check frame for bending. Not sure how possible this would be, but 2.5" is a lot.

2.5" of new sag is a significant change, something is broken, or came seriously out of adjustment.

Top Bottom