Jeep has found the cause of death wobble

GeoWillys

I got an email from Power Nation today with an article of how Jeep has discovered the cause of death wobble and is offering a free fix!🤯 It is a design flaw of the steering damper. Wow, wish I knew that before I wasted my money on my torque wrench to check my front end.

WJCO

Meme King
I got an email from Power Nation today with an article of how Jeep has discovered the cause of death wobble and is offering a free fix!🤯 It is a design flaw of the steering damper. Wow, wish I knew that before I wasted my money on my torque wrench to check my front end.

People have been saying for decades that a steering damper will fix death wobble and it has yet to be proven as fact. I still don't understand how 'wobble' or 'shimmy' can occur when everything is tight but the damper is defective? Makes no sense. Time will tell.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Wow good to know, guess the fact that I have been running without one for over a year with no wobble is just dumb luck

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I ran without one for a year stock... lifted the Jeep.... ran without it... developed DW... Fixed the DW... then put it on for the hell of it... but everything is so tight the Stabilizer made the steering feel worse... So I took it off again. Lol

Braxtonsag

Tire imbalance can cause slight wobble, hit the right bump at the right speed while that tires oscillating and it jumps to full blown DW. I just spend months trying to find ways around having my tires balanced. Spent the 30 to have them balanced and it was fixed

GeoWillys

Sorry, it was meant to be sarcastic. I follow this forum and found there is always something new to learn and the first thing I learned was that SS doesn't solve anything when it comes to DW. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here so when I have a question I search the forum for what I need.

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry, it was meant to be sarcastic. I follow this forum and found there is always something new to learn and the first thing I learned was that SS doesn't solve anything when it comes to DW. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here so when I have a question I search the forum for what I need.

Lol. Totally missed that one.

USMC Wrangler

Well good! I missed it too.

Slimebones

Hopefully the torque wrench purchase was real! :brows: Invaluable tool.

jdofmemi

Dang, does this mean I should hunt for the stabilizer that I took off and threw into the corner about 6 months ago?

I would hate for the lack of it to cause Death Wobble.

On second thought, I will just make sure everything is tight from time to time, starting with lug nuts.

I have actually found the true cause of death wobble, working on my Jeep last night. I will be sending this picture to Power Nation in order to correct them. IMG_2264.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom