Prorock 60 package / EVO High Steer

LO_Rex

I picked up my jeep today from having the EVO high steer builder kit installed on my Prorock 60 that came in hardcore package. I was in a hurry to get back to work and did not get to look it over fully until I got it home.

It looks like the skid and ram is mounted low 16" from the ground on 40s. It also appears that they raised the track bar 2" causing them to have to notch the frame.

Does this look right?

20190815_181013.jpg

20190815_181031.jpg

20190815_181026.jpg

20190815_181056.jpg

20190804_185533.jpg

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
SOP for the high steer package. Otherwise you're smashing your frame with the link. And there isn't any other place for the ram to be mounted. Thats's why the custom skid for it they make. Again SOP for that system.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I picked up my jeep today from having the EVO high steer builder kit installed on my Prorock 60 that came in hardcore package. I was in a hurry to get back to work and did not get to look it over fully until I got it home.

It looks like the skid and ram is mounted low 16" from the ground on 40s. It also appears that they raised the track bar 2" causing them to have to notch the frame.

Does this look right?

Your skid should be parallel to the ground and should have the long edge welded to the axle tube

Something like this:

IMG_6953.JPG
Your trackbar ibas to be raised to be most parallel as possible to the draglink. The frame notch was probably done to accommodate the draglink which is now higher. Some people claim it isn’t necessary, but my frame had to get notched too and I’ve seen my draglink stuffed in the notch

IMG_5253.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Your skid should be parallel to the ground and should have the long edge welded to the axle tube

A side shot of the skid would be helpful to see how it's welded to the axle tube. Tough to see looking straight on at it

Ddays

Hooked
Your steering ram is mounted lower than Benito's - his is mounted on top of the knuckle attachment point and yours is at the bottom.

Lo.jpg

ben.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
Call the shop and express your concerns. The ram does appear to be mounted low. Did they discuss all the work to be done and what it would entail when you dropped it off? That would have been a good time for them to tell you about the notch.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

LO_Rex

Call the shop and express your concerns. The ram does appear to be mounted low. Did they discuss all the work to be done and what it would entail when you dropped it off? That would have been a good time for them to tell you about the notch.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I plan to call them as soon as they open today to discuss.

We talked it over before they took on the work and they assured me that they have done this kit before and that a frame notch was not needed. It was not until I picked it up did they tell me about notching the frame. I think they rushed the job and did not cut the old brackets off in order to create proper clearance for the kit.

Ddays

Hooked
I plan to call them as soon as they open today to discuss.

We talked it over before they took on the work and they assured me that they have done this kit before and that a frame notch was not needed. It was not until I picked it up did they tell me about notching the frame. I think they rushed the job and did not cut the old brackets off in order to create proper clearance for the kit.

I honestly don;t think that the notched frame is that big of a deal. Mine is notched as well and as long as that's reinforced properly you shouldn't have any issues. The big issue is how the ram is mounted to the axle and skid.

jdofmemi

The ram is the issue, it should have been mounted to the top as stated above. Then the skid is higher as well as level.

The frame notch is better than just adding to the bumpstop to avoid hitting.

LO_Rex

The shop claims that he mounted the ram under the knuckle due bolt / spacer clearance between the steer arm an knuckle. They are willing to meet this weekend to discuss options including redoing it.

At this point is it worth having them cut everything off and redo it to gain 1/2" or less of clearance?

Exodus 4x4

The shop claims that he mounted the ram under the knuckle due bolt / spacer clearance between the steer arm an knuckle. They are willing to meet this weekend to discuss options including redoing it.

At this point is it worth having them cut everything off and redo it to gain 1/2" or less of clearance?

Yes

A.J.

Absolutely

Ddays

Hooked
There's a correct installation and an incorrect one. I'm no expert on these but I'd want it done correctly. :twocents:

Top Bottom