Another lift kit question

Primo82

Caught the Bug
First off i really appreciate the wealth of knowledge here, and have enjoyed and been well informed by the threads i have read. Thank you members. I am pretty ignorant on jeeps and offroading but am loving the new hobby. And trying to learn.

I'd love to build a very functional offroader, but don't need extreme. But she still has to be a comfortable daily driver and long haul driver. I'd love to come out west and try out some trails with you all!

JKU sahara trim. I want some big fat 37s on her. 4" lift. I know I'll need to upgrade front axle and a lot of other stuff.... Think i know what i want there, question for another day. I am going to start saving/buying over the next 5 years. Burn up the stock tires and pay her off before doing anything extreme. I do have redbird sra close. And i think my fiance has the bug now too.

As far as the lift kit. Initially i had been swayed by metalcloaks marketing. But evo seems to have a stronger following here. And ive heard great arguments for why. Ultimately i trust your experience.

So EVO Enforcer 4" lift, stage 1, drag flip. How is the ride for dd? Offroad? At some point i would probably add a longarm, which i think you can do. How much more roughly for those components?

I know there are a few extra components i need for this kit to function. Shocks, what do ppl like and why? Rancho 9k seem to have a good following.

Does anyone have pics of this lift on 265/70 tires by chance? If it doesn't look terrible i may put it on before the 37s are close. Just for extra offroad capabilities now.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’d think the 4” lift would look tall with those tires, but it your choice on that. I have and ran the 4” plush rides and they are great for a daily driver. I ended up putting my 4.5” AEV springs back on the rear, it was sagging too much with all the gear I carry. But, Better than stock by a mile. I paired mine with the king 2.5 adjustables and the rides been great. I also added the EVO long arm kit last year and for a daily driver it makes the ride even better. But the rear lower control arm mounts tend to become rock anchors. If you have welding skills, I’d recommend the high clearance version of the LA kit. Call Bubba from exodus, he’ll walk you thru the costs. Short of going to BO coils, which I wouldn’t run for a DD, that’s the best set up out there for a dual use Jeep. Just my 2 cents

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

cboggs

I'm currently running the 4" Evo Enforcer stage 1 that I pieced together with Fox 2.0 shocks and 35" tires, rides great for a DD or a bit of crawling. Kings would be the shock of choice if ya got the budget for them.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I’d think the 4” lift would look tall with those tires, but it your choice on that. I have and ran the 4” plush rides and they are great for a daily driver. I ended up putting my 4.5” AEV springs back on the rear, it was sagging too much with all the gear I carry. But, Better than stock by a mile. I paired mine with the king 2.5 adjustables and the rides been great. I also added the EVO long arm kit last year and for a daily driver it makes the ride even better. But the rear lower control arm mounts tend to become rock anchors. If you have welding skills, I’d recommend the high clearance version of the LA kit. Call Bubba from exodus, he’ll walk you thru the costs. Short of going to BO coils, which I wouldn’t run for a DD, that’s the best set up out there for a dual use Jeep. Just my 2 cents

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks for the info! I plan on calling Bubba. I've got a few expenditures/events I need to get out of the way this fall. Finishing out my garage (brick, some minor electrical left, insulation, and drywall). Getting married next month. After that I should be able to devote a sizable chunk of cash and time each month to Jeep purchases and installation.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I'm currently running the 4" Evo Enforcer stage 1 that I pieced together with Fox 2.0 shocks and 35" tires, rides great for a DD or a bit of crawling. Kings would be the shock of choice if ya got the budget for them.

Kings are now on my list! I'll have a decent monthly budget soon. And I have the luxury of time. If I get all my purchases done early I may start installing some of the stuff. The majority I'll probably wait till the rig is fully paid and warranties are close to expiry. Cheers.
Jon

Top Bottom