Evo bolt on coilover on a 2dr

desertrunner

Anyone have any info on how low the bolt on coilovers can be set up on a 2dr? I know cozdude told me way back when that he worked with them to get as low as he could and it came out to 4-4.5" of lift. I'm at about 3" right now just doing some future dream planning if I ever am able to go over to coilovers. I wouldn't mind being .5" taller but I'd like to stay under 4". Not sure if they changed anything since Coz put his on.

I understand that the weight of all the armor and bumpers etc could change the actual height a bit and IMO I'm pretty light especially in the rear running bumperless and just the hinge carrier. Slightly worried if I ended up buying both front and rear I'd have a stink bug on my hands with setting the front where I want it haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

You could change spring rate to get it lower.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
IIRC coz was saying he had the lightest spring rate from Evo and he still got over 4 out of it. Unfortunately I deleted the messages from him already so I can't go back and look.

And maybe king makes some lighter spring rates than what comes originally on the bolt on kit. I know a lot of dudes with heavy 4drs swap over to the heavier rate but haven't heard of anyone going with a lighter rate

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
IIRC coz was saying he had the lightest spring rate from Evo and he still got over 4 out of it. Unfortunately I deleted the messages from him already so I can't go back and look.

And maybe king makes some lighter spring rates than what comes originally on the bolt on kit. I know a lot of dudes with heavy 4drs swap over to the heavier rate but haven't heard of anyone going with a lighter rate

You can order different springs from king. If you want completely custom springs you can get them from PAC Racing springs.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

As Overlanderjk said you can always get lighter spring rates. I never did tho after talking to evo. I just kept the springs on that the evo bolt ons came with

critter812

I can tell you it is possible to get 3-3.5" but you will bottom your rear shocks out on the road when that low there is very little up travel left in the shocks.

desertrunner

I can tell you it is possible to get 3-3.5" but you will bottom your rear shocks out on the road when that low there is very little up travel left in the shocks.
I guess that makes sense, I'm sure I can look up the collapsed length of that shock. As it sits now with the Rockstars I'm running a stock length shock to get enough up travel but the next size up is too long for my coils. Obviously with the coilovers the down travel wouldn't be the issue

critter812

I guess that makes sense, I'm sure I can look up the collapsed length of that shock. As it sits now with the Rockstars I'm running a stock length shock to get enough up travel but the next size up is too long for my coils. Obviously with the coilovers the down travel wouldn't be the issue

Actually will have same issue with coilovers the rock stars you are already moving the up travel on the coilovers up by ~1". then drop them down even further with softer springs and no preload and you get very little up travel.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You could run a custom setup with a 10” coilover in the rear. I’ve thought about this for mine and am still undecided. Probably just stretch and run 12”.

desertrunner

You could run a custom setup with a 10” coilover in the rear. I’ve thought about this for mine and am still undecided. Probably just stretch and run 12”.

That sounds like more trouble than it's worth. I don't have the cash on hand to do the upgrade now anyhow but it's the next logical step in my build provided I keep the 2dr for the long term.

I wouldn't mind being a little higher than I am now and I'm really not worried about the front so I could always get the fronts first and pair em with some 3" plush rides in the back to start. I explored the option of longer shocks in the rear already but with how low I am and with the Rockstars the next size up rancho is too long for down travel. I can stuff just fine but I would love to get more down travel in the rear but I'd need to add height first.

feederic

Locally I’ve seen about 3.75-4” as the minimum on 2 and 4 doors.

Don’t drop the spring rates, the rears have very little uptravel at the minimum ride height. You’ll bottom out constantly on normal streets.

Top Bottom