Shock problem australia

toshigav

Hi folks.
Below is an email I sent to America requesting information.
There are some questions you (on here) may answer for me that was not in their response.
The final response I had (and I completely understand) is that it is becoming too hard to send stuff to Australia due to our recent tax law changes.
In any case it seems that to get either FOX or KINGS is very very difficult ordering (wait times).
I have been advised that 1 shop here has ordered FOX shocks in January of this year (special valving) and is yet to receive.
He then recommended RADFLO shocks.
I have little (no) experience with theses.
so I am chasing your thoughts please and or experiences.

Email.
I currently run a Jeep JK CRD 6SP unlimited sport.
Current set up is;
ARB BP-51 shocks.
I run four rears (ARB originally listed on internet that rears had 1” extra in length.
Ordered 4 rears only to discover their website was wrong (all same length).
I used a pin to eyelet adapter to make them fit.
Adapter adds about 1 and a bit inches to the pin.
Sadly this is the 3rd set that have leaked on me. So returning for refund.
Priced KING shocks (no one has them in stock and can only get 10” travel (same as BP’S). Looked at 2.5’s 3 external bypass came in at $6500AUD. Wife went nuts (especially since not perfect lengths).
Then got onto FOX.
Researched FOX vs KINGS and FOX cam in level if not better I.e shaft strength.
My current set up on closed lengths are as follows.
FRONT; 17 1/3” if I remain eye to eye. 18.5”if I use pin mount.
REAR; 18.5-19” std mount.
I run UD DANA 60 front and rear.
Currently on 4.5” springs.
I like the adjustability of the BP51’s so wish to keep that tunability.
Question.
What is the difference between DSC and internal bypass. Thought the DSC had the bypass - just not mentioned in their website as being able to have both.

The best thing I like about the FOX is the extended length of 11.5+ inches (more than 1” over the BP51’S and KINGS) and still in my open and closed lengths I.e 11.5-11.8” of travel is PERFECT for me and my set up.

May I have price including freight to Australia area code 0813.

Looking at valuing to suit OFFROAD and more importantly our corrugated roads.
Not your woopty doos.
Our corrugated roads are up 150mm high and spaced about 300mm apart and goes for over 1000klm.

Ideal set up is.
11.4” and up travel. Both front and rear (can allow more for rear) with closed lengths mentioned above.
Want DSC remote or piggy back with bypass (depending on your response).

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Can’t help you with your question but don’t the new laws down there require you to only use afternarket parts that have been tested and passed vehicle tests for braking, swerving, rollovery things?

Have you checked with places like Superior Engineering?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

toshigav

Can’t help you with your question but don’t the new laws down there require you to only use afternarket parts that have been tested and passed vehicle tests for braking, swerving, rollovery things?

Have you checked with places like Superior Engineering?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Hi mate.
I have but only via the website.
replacing the shocks are no issues with the laws.
I live in the Territory so is ok.
just want to buy some shocks that will suit my needs and not leak like the BP51's and provide that little extra travel.
need the adjustability due to the huge variances in our roads meaning the black top to the corrugated roads.
thanks for the suggestion though.

Top Bottom