drag link flip vs dropped pitman arm

bl17z90

I know what each kit is but it seems like they both do the same thing. So my quesiton is does a drag link flip kit take the place of a dropped pitman arm?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In a nutshell, yes. They do the same thing and a drag link flip would be installed in place of a dropped pitman arm. A drag link flip is what I would recommend if only because so many of the dropped pitman arms I have seen come with sloppy splines that lead to poor steering. Others will argue that the added leverage will increase your chances of a broke sector shaft. You need to know that regardless of what you do, you NEED to install a track bar relocation bracket at the same time.

bl17z90

From this point on in my building I am mostly going to use evo mfg products so in this case doesn't their flip kit come with a track bar relocation point?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
From this point on in my building I am mostly going to use evo mfg products so in this case doesn't their flip kit come with a track bar relocation point?

Yes it does. It is sold as a complete steering correction kit.

Serg5000

Let me ask this. If I already have a dropped pitman arm. And plan on installing the flip kit, do I need to go to the factory pitman?

Top Bottom