Daylight Savings Mojave Desert (Mini-Shamrocked) Camping Trip 03/16/2013

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cindy and I absolutely love Daylight Savings and to help kick off all the wonderful daylight we now have again, we decided to head out to the Mojave Desert and do some camping. Of course, being that this was an easy trip and St. Patricks Day was on Sunday and we had plenty of carbombs to go around, I suppose in a way it was in a way, a mini-Shamrocked :crazyeyes: Here are some pics from our trip - I hope you enjoy :cool:

Wee hours of the morning heading out to our meet up point...
main.php

Meeting up with the WAYALIFE crew at our favorite breakfast stop - Bravo Burgers...
main.php

After breakfast, we made a stop over in Barstow to see the Old Woman Meteorite but unfortunately, the museum wasn't going to be open for another hour...
main.php

Tessa saying, "did you say we're going camping?"
main.php

After tanking up in Ludlow, Rubicat and Trail Bud caught up on old times...
main.php

Looking back at our train of Jeeps...
main.php

Time to airdown and get ready to hit the dirt...
main.php

Our first stop took us on a hike up to the top of the Cadiz Sand Dunes...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Did I mention that it was howling up there?
main.php

If you look carefully, you can just make our some of our Jeeps...
main.php

After crossing more of the desert, we came to our next stop along an old railroad line...
main.php

main.php

Paying a visit to residents of this old unmarked cemetery out in the middle of nowhere...
main.php

main.php

Heading back down the line...
main.php

On our way to the next destination...
main.php

Really old railroad crossing...
main.php

Working our way up the valley...
main.php

Time for a lunch stop and to do a little exploring of the old Black Metal Mine...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Time to go inside - watch your head everyone...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Hmmm, I wonder where this goes...
main.php

main.php

Looking back out...
main.php

Further out into the middle of nowhere, we stopped here and setup our home for the night...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Saying hello to one of the local residents...
main.php

To all our friends - CHEERS!!
main.php

Time for some well needed R&R...
main.php

All the makings of a delicious Jeep Bomb...
main.php

main.php

CHEERS!!
main.php

Did I mention this went on for the rest of the night - GOOD TIMES...
main.php

Camp at sunrise...
main.php

A most beautiful morning...
main.php

Taking some time to enjoy all the beautiful wildflowers in bloom...
main.php

main.php

main.php

On our way back to pavement, we stopped over at the old railroad town of Danby...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Stamp indicating when this concrete was poured...
main.php

Getting ready to leave the dirt...
main.php

Taking the old Mother Road home...
main.php

Thank you to everyone who joined us on this wonderful camping trip out into the middles of the Mojave Desert. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did and look forward to doing it again soon. :cool:

JAGS

Hooked
Looks like you all had a great time. Hopefully will be able to run the next one with you.

Skid_Kid

Wish I could have made it. Looks like you guys had a blast

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

taher2.1

Great Pics as always. :thumb:

It was nice to see all of you at Bravo burger. I completed the trip we talked about. I will post picture some time today:yup:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Awesome trip Eddie and Cindy I was happy that I went on this one and hope to go on many more with yall!! :beer: Thanks again for a great trip. :wings:

Andrea

great trip!

Thanks for having us; we had a blast. The scenery and sight seeing was very cool. And lets not forget the loss of our American Honey virginity: which lead us to a jolly good fire jumpin' staggering "dance" party. ;-D

Cheers to more hours of light, and to many more adventures ahead!!

Love,

Drea & Dan

jkjurny

Looks like a great trip. Have you guys considered tracking the trip in GPS and posting the .gpx file online for others to follow your path?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wow great photos and what a fun group of folks to spend a weekend with. I'm sad I could t make it, but the upside I did pickup my JKUR Sunday morning. 👍

BTW ChrisB. We need a cigar soon buddy. On me!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Thanks for having us; we had a blast. The scenery and sight seeing was very cool. And lets not forget the loss of our American Honey virginity: which lead us to a jolly good fire jumpin' staggering "dance" party. ;-D

Cheers to more hours of light, and to many more adventures ahead!!

Love,

Drea & Dan

Thanks for making that long drive. Nice meeting you and catching up with Dan. Hope those old guys didn't scary you away.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks for making that long drive. Nice meeting you and catching up with Dan. Hope those old guys didn't scary you away.

Yeah and me too. lol Disregard anything I said after the first shot of honey. :cheesy:

It was nice meeting you guys too!

Top Bottom