New WARN EVO VR series winch

Exodus 4x4

We had a visit from one of our local distributors today and he was showing off the new WARN EVO VR series winch. I have to say, I’m pretty impressed with it! It looks almost identical except to the Zeon except it’s smaller, which should make installation a whole lot easier. Still carries a 7 year warranty on the electrical, and the coolest part was the remote can actually be used wirelessly without any additional components having to be added! The best part is they are about HALF the price of the Zeon series! Pretty good option for people that can’t afford the American made Zeon series winches, but still want a great looking, dependable winch. IMG_4710.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Half the price? That’s impressive. Looks good, but proof will be in the function.

Sounds like people are being much more accepting of their newest import this time around

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’ve had one for a year or so now and no issues with it. I’ve used it a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jesse3638

Hooked
I saw this posted up here and thought the same thing. On their site it says it still comes from with a lifetime warranty and 7 year on electrical like Bubba mentioned. Maybe this would be a good Christmas present to myself and finally have a winch.

jdofmemi

I read a review of these that went into some detail.
To sum it up, they draw less amps, have a slightly faster line speed than the earlier VR series. They are also IP68 waterproof rated, and use Albright contactors instead of the old style solenoids.
The downside is that the pulling power drops off more with each added layer than the earlier VR series.

They are still substantially slower both under load and no load than the ZEON series.

With a budget for it I would rather have a ZEON or an XD, but on a tight budget, an imported Warn is still better by far than anything else.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With a budget for it I would rather have a ZEON or an XD, but on a tight budget, an imported Warn is still better by far than anything else.

Funny you should say as much but on the JKX, we used our 9.5XD multiple times to help others in need and I was AMAZED at how fast it was. Crazy faster than my old PowerPlant and measurably faster than the ZEON's that were there. I know it's not the sexiest winch in the world but I really was impressed with it.

OH, I should note that mine came with a wireless remote if it matter to anyone.

USMC Wrangler

As I found out before getting my Zeon 10S during a Christmas sale awhile back, the VR winches are made in China. However, Warn says they are made to THEIR specs, not whatever the factory is vomiting out. Here’s what they told me almost 3 years ago...

“Hi Bryan. Warranty statements can be found here: https://www.warn.com/corporate/truck_warranty_statements.jsp

It's a Limited lifetime warranty on mechanical and seven years electrical.

The VR is made in China, but isn't just a "me too" winch. It's made to our specs, our quality control, in a factory that only builds winches for Warn -- not like so many other winches made overseas.”

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I don’t use my winch like you fellas but I have had the VR for 2 years and probably used it 30 times only . Kept it under a cover . Works great every time . Wireless remote sounds sweet tho

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Looks good! I’ve had a Gen 1 VR for over two years now it has always performed. Pulled one car out of the ditch, bush from the yard and my neighbors small tree (SMH). I need to get out more!

Top Bottom