37 inch tires 3 inch lift parts?

Well so far I got the 3 inch Evo plus springs, Evo stainless steel break line extensions, Evo front upper and lower control arms, fox 2.0 shocks and bushwacker flat fenders. For the front bumpstops I plan on using synergy snap lock bump stops so I can play with the height. For the rear I plan on ordering the Evo rear rockstar skids Also plan on ordering the Evo rear track bar bracket. So what should I order for the rear bump stop height ? Also should I order the drag link Flip kit? Any other parts that I should order ?

I have been reading post after post. People say 4 inch bump stops and others say 3 inch. That's were I run into the problem.

rubiDave

Well so far I got the 3 inch Evo plus springs, Evo stainless steel break line extensions, Evo front upper and lower control arms, fox 2.0 shocks and bushwacker flat fenders. For the front bumpstops I plan on using synergy snap lock bump stops so I can play with the height. For the rear I plan on ordering the Evo rear rockstar skids Also plan on ordering the Evo rear track bar bracket. So what should I order for the rear bump stop height ? Also should I order the drag link Flip kit? Any other parts that I should order ?
yes get a draglink flip. For bumpstops, it depends on your fender clearance and compressed shock length.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

I have been reading post after post. People say 4 inch bump stops and others say 3 inch. That's were I run into the problem.
If you want to save some money and measure out your bumpstops exactly buy a bag of hockey pucks, for example I'm running 4" (4 pucks) bump on my flip side and 3" (3pucks) on my driver side.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

If you want to save some money and measure out your bumpstops exactly buy a bag of hockey pucks, for example I'm running 4" (4 pucks) bump on my flip side and 3" (3pucks) on my driver side.

Drill a hole down the middle throw a bolt in there it's pretty much the same thing as what Evo charges $80 for I payed less that $15

20190608_151249.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked

I'd start with the rule of thumb (3" bump stops) and check to see where you're at at full stuff. I have had a set of 37's in my garage now for a month and plan to run them with 3" until I can get my 4" plush rides installed (had these for a year now). I'm running stock fenders cut with stubby font and rear bumpers. When I dropped my shocks off with ORE I talked to Mel about my plans for rockstars and the 4" springs. He said if my current shocks aren't too long to install the rock stars and just leave the 3" bump stops so I don't lose up travel. He probably knows just a bit more than I do so I 'm going to take his advice...:crazyeyes:

Noble Woodsman

Please let us know what bump stop height you decide on. I am considering a similar setup on my jkur.

With the bushwacker flares, you might only need 3", and maybe slightly less. I think the 4" is recommended for 37s with factory flares (assuming shocks are not the limiting factor).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Please let us know what bump stop height you decide on. I am considering a similar setup on my jkur.

With the bushwacker flares, you might only need 3", and maybe slightly less. I think the 4" is recommended for 37s with factory flares (assuming shocks are not the limiting factor).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
You can run a 3" bump for 37s and just need minor trimming to the rear wheel wells, if you are running rockstar rear shock skids, you will likely need 4" bumps in the rear due to compressed shock length.

The confusion comes from the modified shock geometry, and nothing else.

37s = 3" rear bump
37s [+ rockstar skids] = 4" rear bump

If you plan to run rockstars, I would strongly recommend the 4" lift springs, if for nothing else, a bit more rear up travel...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

morricus

Drill a hole down the middle throw a bolt in there it's pretty much the same thing as what Evo charges $80 for I payed less that $15

I already bought the Synergy kit for my front bump stops, but don't have jack shit on the rear. Are you doing the same thing with the hockey pucks on the rear?

37s = 3" rear bump
37s [+ rockstar skids] = 4" rear bump???

Well then I guess what would be more important then. More up travel or more clearance for the axle

desertrunner

37s = 3" rear bump
37s [+ rockstar skids] = 4" rear bump???

Well then I guess what would be more important then. More up travel or more clearance for the axle
That's only if you are running shocks for that much lift.
I am running 37s and Rockstars and only have 1" of bump but my shocks are not for a 3" lift, I did all the cycling and measuring with the Rockstars installed to maximize the down and up travel. Bump is set for 2 reasons to not bottom out your shocks and to not let your coils go solid, neither of which happen with mine and 1" bumpstops

That's only if you are running shocks for that much lift.
I am running 37s and Rockstars and only have 1" of bump but my shocks are not for a 3" lift, I did all the cycling and measuring with the Rockstars installed to maximize the down and up travel. Bump is set for 2 reasons to not bottom out your shocks and to not let your coils go solid, neither of which happen with mine and 1" bumpstops

Well now you have me questioning even buying the front fox shocks that are meant for a 1.5 to 3.5. I have not bought anything else really besides the 3 inch plush springs.

Last edited:

desertrunner

Well now you have me questioning even buying the front fox shocks that are meant for a 1.5 to 3.5. I have not bought anything else really besides the 3 inch plush springs.
If you have the ability to wait (mine is not a DD) cycle the suspension with the 3" coils and just measure the shock mounts for collapsed and extended range then buy the shock that best fits. I am running Evo 2" plush rides with rancho 9000s that claim are for a 4" lift and in the rear I am running rancho 9000s that are essentially stock length. I cycled my suspension many times with and without the coils to take measurements and clearance and droop without un seating the coils, took all those measurements into account and then bought the shocks that had the lengths I needed. For the most part buying shocks that match the coil height is a good rule of thumb but cycling the suspension and taking min and Max length measurements then fitting the shock to that you may end up with something longer or shorter than you think

So a longer shock will give you longer travel? The next up size of the fox shock would be 4 to 6. that just seems really long.

desertrunner

So a longer shock will give you longer travel? The next up size of the fox shock would be 4 to 6. that just seems really long.
No no no a longer shock will give you a larger extended length and in turn a larger collapsed length too. They all travel about the same.
Let me try with an example. These are all made up numbers but it should get the pint across

A shock for a 1.5" lift has collapsed length of 10" and an extended length of 15"

Shock for 3" lift is 12" to 17"

Shock for 4" lift is 15" to 20"

You cycle your suspension and find out that the most you can stuff your tire without hitting something or making your coils solid is 11" (measuring the shock length). The mist you can droop axle without the coil coming unseated is 19".

In this case the best fit would be the shock for a 3" lift with a minimum of 1" bumpstop.

If you choose the one for a 1.5" lift you can stuff your tire all the way without needing to add any bumpstop but your losing out on 4" of down travel

If you buy the one for a 4" lift you would have to run at least 4" of bump stop to not bottom it out AND you would have your coil fall out at full droop. .

The one for a 3" lift fits because you can go to it's max extended length without your coil falling out and you can add just a little bit of bumpstop to keep it from bottoming out.

Does that make sense?

Top Bottom