Mastercraft seats in a 2dr

desertrunner

Does anyone know why mastercraft says not to use their seats on the passenger side of a 2dr? I get why they won't tumble but what extensive modifications could be necessary on the passenger side that's not on the driver side? Screenshot_20190921-192053_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Cause of the airbags. Says it right there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
The airbag is a warning for all the JKs
How would the airbag be any different in the 2dr vs the 4dr? There are plenty of threads on hear talking about the airbag issue. I'm specifically referring to the first note under the notes for 2dr.... I don't understand how the passenger side of a 2dr is so much different than that of the 4dr other than the tumble function... Which the drivers side has and yet no note about the driver's side.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The airbag is a warning for all the JKs
How would the airbag be any different in the 2dr vs the 4dr? There are plenty of threads on hear talking about the airbag issue. I'm specifically referring to the first note under the notes for 2dr.... I don't understand how the passenger side of a 2dr is so much different than that of the 4dr other than the tumble function... Which the drivers side has and yet no note about the driver's side.

Ah I see what you’re saying. I don’t know what the issue is. Piginajeep has been running his mastercraft seats in JK’s for like 12 years. Two doors and four doors.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Ah I see what you’re saying. I don’t know what the issue is. Piginajeep has been running his mastercraft seats in JK’s for like 12 years. Two doors and four doors.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Maybe I'll shoot him a PM. I figured I would call and ask them next week if no one on here knows.
Seems weird to me that a seat manufacturer would exclude a 2dr application for one side but not the other. I can't figure out what would be so different on the 2dr pass side that's not in the 4dr or the 2dr drivers side. Airbag issue should be the same as 4dr and the tumble should be same as driver side

desertrunner

Interestingly enough I called mastercraft today and they sure enough said that the mounts on the 2dr are so much different that their mounts don't adapt to the seats brackets and it doesn't really fit the seat. It requires extra drilling into the seat bracket to put their mounts in the right spot. And yet they said it wasn't required for the drivers side....
I did PM piginajeep and he said it's been a while since he put them in his 2dr but that it was the passenger buckle assembly that was issue but that he got them to fit. I found some other passenger side seatbelt extension brackets that attach to the rear inside main bolt that may eliminate a portion of the mastercraft brackets. Idk but apparently it's true the mastercraft stuff doesnt bolt up to the 2dr passenger side....

desertrunner

It’ll fit, they just don’t want to deal with whiners.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Haha I figured I could make it work one way or the other, I just wanted to hear it from them why their brackets don't work in it the 2dr and the level of response I got from them is spot on with not "want to deal with whiners" took 3 different people to get to that answer and it was a half assed response of it's just the way the brackets are from the factory... No shit.
I'm leaning towards the PRP anyways but if I go recliner I like the mastercraft better.

Top Bottom