Gear Slips on Automatic Transmission

wilyuhm

I have a 2011 JKUR with 193k miles on it. Just recently I was driving and my Jeep would slip out of 4th gear. It corrected itself while driving, just to do it again. I pulled over at the first chance I had, and checked my transmission fluid level. Everything seemed good no problems (I checked the level while in park and the engine running). I turned off the Jeep and checked for any codes, but nothing came up. Once I started it back up, I was able to drive home without any problems.

Has anyone had this problem before? If so what was the solution to fix it? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Wil

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I have a 2011 JKUR with 193k miles on it. Just recently I was driving and my Jeep would slip out of 4th gear. It corrected itself while driving, just to do it again. I pulled over at the first chance I had, and checked my transmission fluid level. Everything seemed good no problems (I checked the level while in park and the engine running). I turned off the Jeep and checked for any codes, but nothing came up. Once I started it back up, I was able to drive home without any problems.

Has anyone had this problem before? If so what was the solution to fix it? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Wil

I have not experienced anything like this with my jeep.

I did have a ford fusion that started doing this. The master control valve body was taking a shit. Does your tranny fluid look normal? When valve bodies go out it starts to burn the fluid (turns really dark). Something to check maybe, hope it helps.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Wil

The first most simple fix I would suggest is a full fluid flush and filter change if you have never done one or it’s been a long time.

wilyuhm

I have not experienced anything like this with my jeep.

I did have a ford fusion that started doing this. The master control valve body was taking a shit. Does your tranny fluid look normal? When valve bodies go out it starts to burn the fluid (turns really dark). Something to check maybe, hope it helps.

I have checked the fluid and it is still has a nice color. Does not smell burnt. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wilyuhm

The first most simple fix I would suggest is a full fluid flush and filter change if you have never done one or it’s been a long time.

That is a good thing. I have not changed it in a little bit. possibly around 40k miles. Thank you for the help.

jmayps

Mine recently started doing the same thing. I have a 2013 JK auto. Started after having a throttle body replaced and a transmission fluid and filter change. Happens while going up hills and at lower RPMs. Haven’t figured out what the issue is yet.

wilyuhm

Mine recently started doing the same thing. I have a 2013 JK auto. Started after having a throttle body replaced and a transmission fluid and filter change. Happens while going up hills and at lower RPMs. Haven’t figured out what the issue is yet.

I spoke with a buddy of mine that use to work at an off road shop. He mentioned to check a vacuum line that connects to the transmission. Not to sure where it is though. Going to check my tranny later this afternoon.

jmayps

I spoke with a buddy of mine that use to work at an off road shop. He mentioned to check a vacuum line that connects to the transmission. Not to sure where it is though. Going to check my tranny later this afternoon.

Good to know. I’ll have to get the shop to take a look. Hopefully that’s the issue (and a cheaper fix than a tranny rebuild)

cpefy3

That is a good thing. I have not changed it in a little bit. possibly around 40k miles. Thank you for the help.

Did you replace the filter when you changed the fluid, or did you have it flushed? The flushing wouldn't have the filter changed. Good Luck!!

Top Bottom