Can a grown man cry?

rogerk93

It’s been a couple months now my Jeep has been broke with a blown motor from it overheating. So I sent it to the dealership and had them install a new motor, in the process they claimed my torque converter was damaged by a rock that got in even tho I didn’t experience any issues. So I had them replace it since they had it exposed and really didn’t want to deal with having to change it later. then they claim my radiator was clogged even tho it showed no sign prior of it having a blockage when I changed out my thermostat so I just had them replace it. Yesterday I go pick it up paid a crazy amount and not even a block away from the dealership my Jeep is stuck in 1st gear and keeps stalling when I come to a stop at a red light. Before I left the dealership I installed the gear ratio and tire size but I assume it didn’t install correctly so I pull over and set the setting back to stock and redid the gear ratio and tire size. I go for a drive and same thing. Did this about 4 times and no luck. I would have sent it back to the dealership but they had just closed when I was able to pick up my Jeep so I just ended up driving it home going 15mph. I finally get home. Check the transmission fluid to see if it had enough and it was all good. I then realize there is a light rattle coming from under the Jeep and a ticking so I go under to check it and right where the bell housing meets the motor the noise is so loud. I went back to the dealership today to drop off my Jeep and they tried to tell me my tire size is not programmed correctly so it is causing all the problems. After a long conversation with me being as nice as possible they finally agreed to check their work and give me a loaner till they fix their shit of a job. I don’t know how much more patient I can be with these idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Check the codes and see if any speed sensor wires got damaged. Bad sensors or wires can cause the same problem with the no shifting.

WJCO

Meme King
I can't see how any calibration would make a noise from the bell housing. They need to fix that shit.

rogerk93

Lmao the service rep tried to tell me my coil overs in the back of my Jeep can possibly have some affect on the transmission. I laughed in his face because I thought he was joking. I think he realized how stupid he was. They try and make up anything just so they push the blame away from them.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Maybe an unplugged sensor causing the no shift but that would not explain the noise you hear. If they’re telling you your suspension is causing it, I’d be worried about them as mechanics.

rogerk93

The dealership called me today and they realized that the torque converter they installed was defective and are replacing it under the warranty. But I have to wait a week for the part to be delivered. As long as it’s not costing me more money I guess I’m happy.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
A week for a torque converter?

Yea, I work at a GM dealer and before gm went on strike last week it would take 3-5 days, or even weeks, on some parts because they are massively backordered. Took me a week to get the massively produced 1.4L LUV motor that’s in a lot of small gm vehicles that I’m replacing today

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Dealership = stealership. I’ve seen the most shotty work done at em. Now I’ve also ran into a select few that actually have integrity. They did the work, make them do it right.

jeeeep

Hooked
i've had my tire tune fail going from 35's to 37's and it felt like i'd need a new transmission, wouldn't shift, felt like it was slipping.

I ended up installing the stock tune, drove it back and forth in the driveway to make sure it would shift R to D, then disonnected the battey for 20 minutes.

Connected the battery, started it up, shut down and applied the tune again...hasn't given me issues since.

I can't recall if the tranmission made noises but i was sure it was shot and luckily it wasn't

Good luck!

Top Bottom