Aev?

Zaskar

Why are they always out of stock on things? Everytime I look something else is out of stock. They can't keep up with suppy and demand.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
What are you looking for from AEV? They make good parts, but depending on what you are looking for, there are great alternatives.

Zaskar

Yes they make some kick butt stuff for sure.The seat covers that just came out, they are already out of them:thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of AEV, what's the consensus on their lifts? I was looking at the 4.5" Dualsport RS.

if you're seriously looking into an AEV lift, may i recommend a better and more affordable alternative, the rancho 4" sport kit. if you ever look at the kits side by side, you will see that the rancho kit has much better and beefier relocation brackets and costs about a third of the price. of course, if it were me, i wouldn't run either but if you're gonna do it, no need to pay more for a bunch of relocation brackets than you have to.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
IMO, for the price of the brackets invest in a quality short arm kit with adjustable arms. You will be happier and get more out of it.

Markymark420

Ok gentlemen, I was looking for a around a 4" lift. Mostly daily driven with some occasional trips to Big Bear or the desert. I am looking to spend around $2k. What's the recommendations?
Also I could use some education on long arm vs short arm

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Markymark420 said:
Ok gentlemen, I was looking for a around a 4" lift. Mostly daily driven with some occasional trips to Big Bear or the desert. I am looking to spend around $2k. What's the recommendations?

What size tire are you looking to run?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

4" is a lot of lift and, unless you're planning on running 37's, not really needed. to do it right, you'd need to spend more than $2k if you want your jeep to ride and handle well ON PAVEMENT.

Also I could use some education on long arm vs short arm

short arm's is what you have on your jeep now and really, it's a misleading term that originated back from the TJ days as they really had "short" control arms. long arms are literally that, "long" control arms that require the cutting off of factory mounts, a lot of grinding, drilling and or welding to have new mounts installed futher along on the frame rails. when you get to about the 4" lift range and up, your geometry will be off enough that it will effect your ride and handling - "longer arms" will serve to correct suspenion geometry.

What size tire are you looking to run?

that's where i would start.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would love to run 37's, but I'm not totally stuck on the size

well then, 4" will do the trick but, you will still want to make sure that you get a kit that comes complete with adjustable control arms, adjustable track bars, relocation brackets and, if you have an automatic, a new front drive shaft and, if you have a 2-door, a new rear drive shaft as well.

Top Bottom