MOPAR LED headlights flicker with LED option on

So I installed a set of new MOPAR LED headlights today and used the JScan tool to turn on the Quad LED option thru OBD II. Problem is they both still flicker anyway. Any idea why or what I can do?

Noble Woodsman

Jk headlights run on pulsed DC voltage, so when converting from halogen to LED, there will always be a flicker unless a voltage regulator is also installed. Some LED headlights have the voltage regulator built in, but not all. You can buy aftermarket regulators that connect in line with each headlight to smooth out the pulsing and stop the flicker.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jk headlights run on pulsed DC voltage, so when converting from halogen to LED, there will always be a flicker unless a voltage regulator is also installed. Some LED headlights have the voltage regulator built in, but not all. You can buy aftermarket regulators that connect in line with each headlight to smooth out the pulsing and stop the flicker.

Right. I just figured turning on the Quad LED option would fix that without needing any extra wiring or regulators. Thought flashing the computer was all it needed. That’s all they do for new JKs with those lights isn’t it? Disappointed that appears to not be the case. Especially if they don’t work and I yanked out the original buckets for nothing. They don’t go back in as tight.

Last edited:
oem mopar jk leds should not require a anti flicker. Just the computer flash.

That’s what I thought. The flicker is faint, but still there. Right one flickers pretty good if you shut the engine off with them on. Running they both flicker faintly. Quadratec is sending a new right one as this one had a defective trim ring. See how that works out. Although I’m not looking forward to pulling the light out.

After googling it looks like some installs on earlier jk’s have very light flicker issues, says not really noticeable driving, fixed with harness. I’m curious if the Jscan got the programming right, have you tried reverting back to halogen setting and testing the lights then redo the quad led program and compare?

After googling it looks like some installs on earlier jk’s have very light flicker issues, says not really noticeable driving, fixed with harness. I’m curious if the Jscan got the programming right, have you tried reverting back to halogen setting and testing the lights then redo the quad led program and compare?

Not yet, but I’ll give that and try and see if it’s worse.

Top Bottom