Over 2 Months and Still No Moby - Manual Transmission Woes

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just got off the phone with the dealership and from what I'm told, they've taken out the transmission for the 3rd time and still don't know what's making the noise. This has been going on for almost 2 months and unfortunately, we won't be able to take Moby to Moab with us now. I'll tell ya, if we didn't have Rubicat, I'd really be pissed. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me venting a bit. :grayno:

Here's a short clip we filmed before taking our Jeep to the dealership. This is what we're hearing only, it's gotten a lot worse...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Going on 2 Months and Still No Moby

That sucks! Ill watch over him while you guys are in Moab. And if he's ready I can pick him up for you. :cheesy:

10frank9

Web Wheeler

That is terrible. Maybe you'll get a brand spanking new tranny out of the deal? Keep us posted. Me and Moby are homies.

Skid_Kid

Vent away Brother! I would be pissed if I was in your shoes also. It makes no sense to me. I have been searching Motor Alldata with no luck for anything that describes this problem.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That sucks! Ill watch over him while you guys are in Moab. And if he's ready I can pick him up for you. :cheesy:

I'd say you're on but I somehow have my doubts. :grayno:

That is terrible. Maybe you'll get a brand spanking new tranny out of the deal? Keep us posted. Me and Moby are homies.

At this point and time, I might have just picked him up as is if not for the fact that his tranny is out again :rolleyes2:

BTW, congrats to you on your new Jeep! I can't wait to see it :yup:

my_jk

I would be going :crazy_eyes: without my jeep for that long, but like you said at least you have Rubicat

10frank9

Web Wheeler

I'd say you're on but I somehow have my doubts. :grayno:

At this point and time, I might have just picked him up as is if not for the fact that his tranny is out again :rolleyes2:

BTW, congrats to you on your new Jeep! I can't wait to see it :yup:

I hear that! Thanks, I will see you soon.

MrJ3sser

Is this warranty work? It always seems like dealerships take their sweet time with warranty work since they make no money on it. Either way, that's a really long time!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this warranty work? It always seems like dealerships take their sweet time with warranty work since they make no money on it. Either way, that's a really long time!

Nope, we're paying for this one. They gave us an estimate and it's a lot of money but we are not paying for anything more than was was quoted. At this point and time, they have everything to lose by not getting this fixed.

JKBANDIT55

Damn id be pist too. I must say, I am going to be pretty happy to see Rubicat getting some footage in moab. Im sure youll make an awesome video of this trip!!!

JethroJK

Nope, we're paying for this one. They gave us an estimate and it's a lot of money but we are not paying for anything more than was was quoted. At this point and time, they have everything to lose by not getting this fixed.

That really sucks :yup: I remember you taking Moby in when I took Jethro in for his tranny noise. They never could tell me what it was and it stills makes the noise but hasn't gotten any worse. :grayno: I have it documented so when it goes out of warranty and breaks I hopefully can use it as a trump card and get fixed under warranty, but doubt it. :nono: I will keep my fingers crossed for Moby :thumb:

bl17z90

And I'm real sorry that Moby is still out of comission. I love watching rubicat in action though, will there be a moab vid from EJS this year?

MrJ3sser

Well best of luck. Do you think it's the actual problem that is taking is long or the dealership itself? I only ask because my personal experience with dealerships is not so bueno.

Skid_Kid

Leads me to believe that they are way over cost to what they quoted you then. Is this the 2011 tranny or your original 2007?

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
If you are paying for it then why is the dealership doing the work, especially after two months. There comes a point where you have to say sorry but it's time to move on to someplace else.

Re: Going on 2 Months and Still No Moby

man that sucks and I would not be happy at all! i was pissed when the stealer had mine for 3 days! so have you told them to please put it together and take it somewhere else? maybe find a shop who specializes in transmissions ( was gonna put tranny but knew that would result in a different shop and MOBY would still be broken ) not sure if thats an option. i wish/hope you get MOBY back running SOON!

andrew -

Bullwinckle

Hooked
That sucks!!! I have never seen moby not go to Moab, I sure hope he gets fixed soon so he doesnt lose out on anymore trips...

At least Rubicat is a capable jeep to still provide some fun for you guys....hope moby gets finished soon

Top Bottom