Wrangler 2016, what do you want?

ssgp2

A new plateform is suppose to arrive in 2016, maybe someone from Jeep is reading these post,so what equipment would you like to have as standard or optional?

I'll start with;
-LED headlights,fogs,rear
-lift/suspension to accomodate 35-37" tires(I know, not realistic from a marketing point of view)
-Biodiesel compatible for the new diesel engine

Your turn.....

DanMojo82

Realistically,

-A diesel that you didn't have to buy a Sahara or Rubicon to have
-better stock headlights
-keep it pretty much the same

JethroJK

I would say:

- Something other than a D44 or potentially reinforcing the axle (c-gussets / sleeves) that type of stuff
- Addressing the exhaust crossover that limits lift height
- A different axle than the one provided
- A factory installed CB wiring option (a mount on the rear and brackets or mounts on the interior)
- Full skid system under for vitals

I will continue to ponder and get back to this, great post!!

Christarp

Some big changes that would be kind of neat I think:

• On the fly adjustable ride height like the grand cherokee would be neat.
  • Better towing capacity
  • Diesel (would probably help with the towing capacity) (Cylinder deactivation coupled with lowered ride height on the freeway for mileage)
  • 8 speed automatic
  • Auxiliary fuel tank option (probably in unlimited models only)

As for a few more niggles that I'd like to see changed in the future, I've come up with these:

• More adjustability options on seats
  • Stronger roll cage (especially in the unlimited c-pillar area that will just crush in a rollover)
  • Combination sliders + side steps on rubicon
  • Stronger factory axle c's
  • Allowing axle lockers to be used in 4-hi (or 2-hi in the rear for extra fun)
  • Factory under seat storage keyed to your vehicle
  • Stronger center console and glove box
  • LED head / brake lights
  • Adjust tire sizes / idle from dash computer
  • iphone siri integration (like the chevy sonic)
  • Ducted vents to the rear seat for heating (the stock jk heater does quite well even only at the front though)
  • Heated rear seats as an option
  • Factory struts to hold up the hood
  • Window switches on the doors (Come on, they have the door locks on the doors already, every time someone goes to roll down the window they unlock / lock the doors)
  • Bigger center console storage tray for various things such as coins, phone, etc.

i would say D44's front and rear for all NON Diesel Models and D60's front and rear for Diesel Models

not a big lift but at least sit level from the factory....that means raise front, not lower rear(for you jeep engineers):idontknow:

Hemi as an option from the factory in ANY gas model

Lockers (good ones)

maybe an SRT Model that comes lifted with big power and big tires and not +$60,000

just my :twocents:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think a realistic change I want is a D44 in front and rear and to have the diesel and hemi as an engine option. Other then that I got nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Prime8

Not to burst any bubbles but most of these suggestions are not very realistic...

X2. We as modifiers, are not the majority. You have to consider what the majority would want. Hemi won't happen due to emissions regulations based on fleet size, and you know the GC won't be losing its hemi, or any of chryslers "muscle cars". Diesel might happen, not sure how emissions compares on a diesel. While front and rear D44s sounds reasonable enough, the majority wouldn't pay extra for it, and the rubicon already has this, so people have options. As for a D60 factory option, I have complained about this myself. They have Rams pushing big axles already, they know how to make them. So there must not be a large enough market to justify retooling the factory to make ones for the JK. A substantial factory lift? No way. Safety concerns pertaining to CoG and rollovers would keep that from happening. Roll cage reinforcing would be nice, but the vast majority wouldn't be willing to pay for it. LED headlights is tangible, since its all the rage now, for modders and soccer moms alike.

While most of the suggestions thus far would be AWESOME, you have to consider the average owner, that will probably keep it stock, or maybe add a BB and some wheels at most. That's who pays chryslers bills, not us, so they are the ones more likely to be heard. You'll see a "soccer ball storage area" before you ever see the hemi and D60 options, unfortunately.

Prime8

Maybe wheels with 4.5 backspacing so the moderate modifier can atleast run 12.5 wide tires.

Now that's a good call and doable. Might have to extend the factory fenders, but it would reduce rollover with a wider footprint and be an easy fix! Good idea.

Ben-0

Looking forward to your contribution...

If I was to contribute I'd say Diesel engine, I love diesels for multiple reasons. Next would be the rim sizes I believe the new Sahara has 18s I'd rather see 16s so tires are not so expensive and maybe get rid of thoes new rubi rims not a big fan on the look of thoes
What I really want is to see some of jeeps concept vehicles made like the the j-12, the gladiator, mighty FC, apache, and traildozer

LGPow2006

Maybe.... grease zirks so we can lube the joints prior to aftermarket parts being installed.

Skids under the oil pan and tranny.

bl17z90

Maybe.... grease zirks so we can lube the joints prior to aftermarket parts being installed.

Skids under the oil pan and tranny.

You are going to see less and less of that on factory parts because the factory parts are made to fail. They are produced this way to keep you going back to the dealer every time something breaks

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
To be realistic....

1) The 3.0 Turbo Diesel
2) A D44 option for the Sport X and the Sahara models
3) 4.10 option on all models

That would be all I want for a "realistic" scenario.

Prime8

To be realistic....

1) The 3.0 Turbo Diesel
2) A D44 option for the Sport X and the Sahara models
3) 4.10 option on all models

That would be all I want for a "realistic" scenario.

That's realistic. 2 & 3 are already produced for wranglers and would be an easy upsell.

Top Bottom